Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Help a stupid guy out?

Help a stupid guy out?
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2007, 04:37 PM

I feel really stupid right now. I'm trying to make a post on Gizmodo.com, yet for the life of me I cannot find out how to register so that I can post. Its seems they are part of Gawker Media, but when I go to Gawker.com its the EXACT same thing, I cannot find a damn thing on how to register.

I assume I'm missing something that is right in front of my dumb face.

So, help a stupid guy out and fill me in on how to register for Giz?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2007, 04:48 PM

Who writes this? Why should I care about what you say?

This site is written primarily by a team of writers, along with a rotating line-up of guest editors—and the occasional intern to ensure the whisky has been properly topped off. We rely heavily on tips and suggestions from readers, though, so everybody gets to be part of the process.
Seems to me you can't just submit something.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

::maroma::  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2007, 04:51 PM

You can reply to one of their articles, just like any other blog. But if you notice under all of the other user comments, you see a space to leave your own, and a space for your name and password. But nowhere is there a place to register. Even if you click on "Forgot name and password?" button, it leads you to a lame page where you put in your email that you registered with and it will reset your password. But the rub is, I can't find where to register! Damn you Gawker/Gizmodo!!

memory-minus
Senior User
Mar 7, 2007, 08:30 AM

You're not stupid. The Gawker Media Network (Gawker, Consumerist, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Defamer, et al.) commenting system is invitation only. You have to email them and give them a good reason to invite you to create an account, say, by working at a company that has something to do with one of their blog's subjects or otherwise having "insider" information, by sleeping with an editor, etc.

Gawker Comments FAQ - Gawker

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 7, 2007, 09:19 AM

Funny, this is the first time I can recall ever visiting Gizmodo.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2007, 09:28 AM

engadget is pretty good to...and anyone can post
Joe

Forum Links
Forum Rules