Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > The iPhone Headset Thread

The iPhone Headset Thread
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2007, 06:21 PM

So the iPhone has been out for a couple weeks now, and those of us who have one have probably been able to use the included wired headset at least a few times. If you're like me, you love the functionality of it. That tiny little "button" works wonders. But the earbuds themselves hurt my ears after a certain amount of listening time.

So, I'm on the hunt for a new headset for my iPhone. My goal is to find something that has the same functionality as the Apple headset, but is easier on my poor ears. Personally I prefer the in-ear type of earbuds, they are softer and usually sound better.

The V-Moda Vibe Duo headset comes close, but it doesn't have the "click" action to change tracks, play/pause, or answer/hang up the phone. To me that is essential. They look sweet (and match the iPhone way better) and sound sweet though.

Anyone find any others out there that they like?

quiklee
Senior User
Jul 13, 2007, 06:49 PM

i'm ordering those 2.99 in-ear earbuds to see how they work . . . i don't feel like dropping any more cash . . . i just spent 30 bucks on the incase case . . talk about buyer's remorse!
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

::maroma::  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2007, 07:04 PM

Do you have a link for that? Is it just some slip-on things that go over the stock Apple earbuds?

quiklee
Senior User
Jul 13, 2007, 07:13 PM

no link . . just go to ebay and search for in-ear ibuds . . . something like that . . . i just won my auction and paid 5 bucks for it including shipping
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

Forum Links
Forum Rules