Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Dashboard Widget Idea

Dashboard Widget Idea
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2005, 07:47 PM

I thought of a Widget that I'd love to have, and actually would use on a regular basis. I listen to a lot of KEXP Radio (based in Seattle, but streams over iTunes), and they have this great real time playlist on their site that updates as the songs are played. I often go to this playlist to see what great song I am listening to or just listened to.

Anyway, I'd love to see a Widget that just shows the real time playlist from KEXP. I hear a song I like a lot, and want to know who it is, I just hit Dashboard instead of using Safari.

And since I know absolutely nothing about writing any sort of code, I thought I'd put the idea out there in case anyone with the right skills was interested. I'd be willing to create the interface graphics, but I can't write a line of code to save my arse.

Any takers?

Oh, and here's the page for the real time playlist thing:

http://www.kexp.org/playlist/playlist.asp

alternapop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2005, 12:36 AM

konfabulator.com has two kexp widgets. a small one and a very large one.

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2005, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma::

Any takers?
and how much are you paying for this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules