Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > miss this old toy from childhood years!

miss this old toy from childhood years! (Page 2)
Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:51 AM

I did however have this

It's worth over $100 now.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2005, 11:54 AM

Still trying to find images of "Cyborg", "Mutant" and "Android".
Like GI Joe but sci-fi. You could remove their arms/legs and replace them with big guns, tank tracks and stuff.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2005, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by suvsr4terrorists
How about this thing? I loved it:

Wasn't that a He-man toy? I even had this:

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:57 AM

How about these:

Muh muh muh MASK! bla blabla blablablalblablalba bla bla bla!

Muh muh muh mask MASK! blalblablalblaba

http://66.98.238.14/~retro/media/themes/mask-intro.wmv

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 12:15 PM

Does anyone remember those old 'spyhunter' games from the 80s? They werent' a video game, but they looked like the front half of a little porsche, and htey had a little wheel and shifter, and on the dashboard it had a panel that showed the car, and it would use batteries to light up the game. It wasn't even LCD. It had LEDs for a tachometer, and it was very similar to spyhunte, a top down viewpont, and you drove around and had to evade obstacles. Anybody know what that thing was called?

DarwinX
Jul 20, 2005, 12:27 PM

Does anyone remember those old 'spyhunter' games from the 80s? They werent' a video game, but they looked like the front half of a little porsche, and htey had a little wheel and shifter, and on the dashboard it had a panel that showed the car, and it would use batteries to light up the game. It wasn't even LCD. It had LEDs for a tachometer, and it was very similar to spyhunte, a top down viewpont, and you drove around and had to evade obstacles. Anybody know what that thing was called?
No idea as to the name but I very much remember them! Post if you figure it out as I would be interested as well.

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 12:52 PM

Oh sweet I had that!

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 12:53 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had one as a little kid. Too bad I have no idea what it was called.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by awaspaas
Oh sweet I had that!
I still have mine, along with all my transformers in one big box. It rules. It still spits out the sawblades really hard too! heh.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2005, 04:38 PM

OK, I'm trying to remember the name of the toy (Star Command? Star something, I don't remember.) It was the coolest toys I'd ever got to play with. I'll try to describe them.

You could get tons of different vehicles for them. But my favorite was the dropship and cargo holder. All of them had little motors and stuff and all the parts moved by themsleves! The cargo ship would pick up the box container all by itself, swing it towards the rear of the ship, then drop it, and swing the arm back into place.

The figures were kinda small (about half the height of a G.I. Joe), but they had magnets on their feet! They could walk around on the outside of the hulls of the ships (or in the drop ship, you stuck like 6 dudes in there and the ship would unload the box all by itself.)

They had little guns and space helmets with hoses running around on the suites.

Most of the ships and vehicles were dicast metal so you could stick your guys on them like they were space walking. I must've spent hours making little battle scenes on the refridgerator.

Anyone remember the name?!

Edit: OMG! I found them! StarCom! Badass!
Edit: http://www.nemesisworld.com/starcom/home.html
Check out the figures and vehicles.
( Last edited by olePigeon; Jul 20, 2005 at 04:49 PM. )
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules