Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Creative Cloud, other Adobe services down for full day

Creative Cloud, other Adobe services down for full day
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
May 15, 2014, 02:58 PM

People have been unable to sign into Adobe online services -- including Creative Cloud -- for about 24 hours at this point, according to the company's status tracker. Trouble is said to have started around 3PM Eastern on Wednesday, preventing people from downloading apps, modifying team accounts, buying subscriptions, or creating new Adobe IDs. The cause appears to be a glitch with the Adobe ID system itself.

Adobe has so far made little comment except to apologize on Twitter and promise to "restore [normal serivce] as soon as possible." In the interim, people running Creative Cloud apps such as Photoshop or Illustrator may have to disable their Internet connections before loading the software.

msuper69
Professional Poster
May 15, 2014, 04:41 PM

There's no such thing as a 'glitch'. It's either a programming error or hardware failure.

daqman
Forum Regular
May 15, 2014, 07:03 PM

Well that explains a thing or tow. I bought Adobe software yesterday and got a nice email with a download link to a page that has, for the last 24 hours, been unavailable. Of course they charged my credit card a.s.a.p. so I'm down a couple of hundred bucks with nothing to show for it yet.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

msuper69
Professional Poster
May 15, 2014, 07:16 PM

I wonder (tongue-in-cheek) whether Adobe will refund customers for the time the service was unavailable but paid for.

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
May 16, 2014, 04:16 AM

msuper69: you can continue to use the software without an Internet connection, so no compensation is required.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

zehspoon1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2014, 10:19 AM

This is EXACTLY the reason I am at CS6. I knew it was coming and told Adobe about it when they sent out customer surveys before going to "the cloud". Remember this is the same company that lost account data for millions of users to hackers.

zehspoon1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2014, 10:28 AM

chas_m: Many designers have subscriptions to clip art websites and use email. How do they do that without an internet connection? Many designers are single person companies without other users/computers to download the files needed and/or get their emails for them. There needs to be some compensation involved for the hassle.

shawnde
Forum Regular
May 16, 2014, 01:11 PM

I agree with zehspoon1 .... if they're so adamant about moving everyone off of perpetual licenses, they better have their ducks in a row, BEFORE they start doing that. Anything less than 100% uptime is not acceptable. Everyone should be entitled to refunds for the downtime, and a percentage for lost productivity (delays and damage to their work, deadlines, etc.).

Some people might say, "oh well, you can't have 100% uptime ...." that maybe true, but the responsibility is on Adobe's shoulders ... they have to deal with the consequences. You can't have it both ways.

Forum Links
Forum Rules