Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Was your G5 shipped FedEx Ground?

Was your G5 shipped FedEx Ground?
striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 05:40 PM

Mine was, it's taking a full 6 days to get to NY from CA. I was hoping Apple would have used UPS for ground shipping.
I just hope it's in good shape when it arrives, alot can happen in 6 days!

Unfortunately I wasn't one of those who Apple decided to upgrade to express shipping gratis.

macrophyllum
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 06:42 PM

I live in CA and mine should be here tomorrow!!! Whoohhoo

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by macrophyllum:
I live in CA and mine should be here tomorrow!!! Whoohhoo
Personally, I never ship 'Ground' on something like a computer-or monitor. I spring for the extra 'kahpoosta' everytime. Ground is too much time for my stuff to be hanging around some D container in East Overshoe, Mn.

G5, 10/10 please.

Enjoy yours!
"Sometimes you're the bug....Sometimes the windshield"

rhogue islander
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2003, 08:54 PM

I think Apple is using Fedex for a reason: UPS breaks things. It's like their processing facilities are staffed by those gorillas they used to have in the American Tourister luggage commercials.

UPS has personally cost me several thousand dollars in damaged or stolen shipments.

I have never had a problem with Fedex.

turk.o
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 09:07 PM

i do tons of shipping and i can assure you that UPS and FedEx have the exact same ground delivery time schedules. if it seems to be taking six days, it probably means apple got it to fedex after the cut-off on the first day. both UPS and FedEx take five bussiness days to get from coast to coast. (keep in mind they are in direct competition). also, as others have posted here, Fedex is usually a small bit pricier but also has a much more solid reputation for taking better care of the packages. i stopped using UPS for both ground and air as soon as FedEx started doing ground, and have yet to have a real problem (besides the a-holes who do their customs brokering for packages going into canada, but that is another story.)

t.o

Forum Links
Forum Rules