Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PLAY ps2 games on a macbook?

PLAY ps2 games on a macbook?
neverskatewsandles
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2006, 10:03 PM

THIS IS NOT A MONITER QUESTION!!!
I was wondering since the macbook has a dvd rom drive can it play those games? They are dvd roms
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

tr
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2006, 10:14 PM

neverskatewsandles, let's think for a minute: since standalone DVD players are similar to DVD-ROM drives, can you play PS2 games on standalone DVD players?

i'm sure you'll be able to figure this out. the PS2 is not just a DVD-ROM drive, it has more "guts".

tr

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2006, 10:59 PM

Wow. Really, just wow. Honestly, I'm really really against calling anyone stupid, or calling their question stupid, because some people just don't know, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I don't know, and I would hate to be called stupid, so I don't do it.

But wow was that question stupid.

I'm sorry, but really. All that is required is about 1 gram of common sense to answer your own question.
Linkinus is king.

hadocon
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2006, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by brokenjago
Wow. Really, just wow. Honestly, I'm really really against calling anyone stupid, or calling their question stupid, because some people just don't know, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I don't know, and I would hate to be called stupid, so I don't do it.

But wow was that question stupid.

I'm sorry, but really. All that is required is about 1 gram of common sense to answer your own question.

What? Ur tha stuupid 1. I've been playing PS2 and xbox360 gamez on my iMacDV for ages. That's why I paied extra for the DVDROM drive - cause I knew it would be amazing to play all those gamez on it.

Lemme find you the link to the video of Steve Jobs playing Dreamcast gamez on a Lombard with an aftermarket DVDROM drive....

Ah sh1t... lost the link ... Goofle it 4 yourself!
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

mduell
Posting Junkie
Sep 14, 2006, 05:36 AM

While the other three are trying to mock you and looking like idiots themselves in the process, I'll be the one who points out that there are several PS2 emulators for PCs. I doubt any work under OSX, so you'll have to reboot into Windows to use them.

Chips G
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 14, 2006, 07:10 AM

An interview about Playstation 2 emulation on OSX: The Grinch Project - Playstation 2 emulator

However, it appears that the article was from 2001, so it may not be relevant anymore.

-Chris
This signature is obsolete.

ChrisDaMacMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2006, 07:46 AM

hadocon in your sig it says you have a macbook with a backlit keyboard... and i want to know how?!?! WOW it would be great if it is true!! COuld you post some pictures of it please.

Thanks
White MacBook Week 30 ▪ 2Ghz Intel Core Duo ▪ 1Gb Ram ▪ 80Gb HD ▪ Wireless Mighty Mouse ▪ AppleCare ▪ iPod Photo 60GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules