Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook g3 800 question

iBook g3 800 question
mavin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2007, 10:40 PM

Hey all,
I have an iBook 800 G3 that hasn't been working for the past year and I've been trying to troubleshoot it. If I can boot up another machine using the iBook's OS (while the iBook is in Target Disk Mode) does that mean the iBook's logicb is not the culprit (i know its probably impossible to rule out the logic board but my question is more should I be focusing on the inverter or the display module instead?)

tr
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2007, 03:23 PM

can the iBook start up at all? obviously, the system and hard drive are fine, if you can target disk and boot from it. i'd say start it up, and see if you can see any type or display on the screen (may have to look really closely). or perhaps if you have the video out adapter available, plug that in, attach to a monitor, and see if it mirrors. if it does, then maybe the display in the iBook is just bad.

tr

Forum Links
Forum Rules