Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Thoughts for New Features

Thoughts for New Features
anyrandomthing
Dec 19, 2006, 10:41 PM

I'm sure some of these are already in development. Likewise I'm sure some of these have already been mentioned. Thirdly, I bet there is already a thread for this topic. I apologize on each count.

Regardless, here are some things that might be cool.

- *separate* wishlist feature. distinct shelves would be nice. i dont like my tv seasons mixed with my regular dvds, even if they can have an additional shelf.

- warning before delete! save prompt before exiting library, maybe

- stats on library (entire library's average rotten tomato rating would be cool).

- fix alignment issues with last row of covers (commonly just one dvd by itself, na mean?)

- ability to decide what shows up in the "Details" section (for example, i dont care about the lowest price on amazon)

- ability to customize interface features (shelf, for example, without digging into the resources folder), fonts, colors.

- support for box sets (i.e., i dont want my dvd box set showing up with a plastic case around it)

- easy html exporter. stats should also show up on that page, too (how many dvds, etc).

- ability to change links to imdb, rotten tomatoes.

- rotten tomatoes rating %! come on!

- maybe a cool game where you get to throw darts at ebert and roeper's faces, because they have pretty terrible taste in movies all-too-frequently. no, but seriously, someone should make a plug in for that someday. i'd give you an honorary doctorate from my pretend university.

- not much purpose for the entire right details section to just be sitting there with a big white block when nothing is selected. maybe have that slide away when nothing is selected, and it slides back open what you grad a dvd. should at least have choice to put scrolling stats, general stats, etc. anything to take up that space.

- maybe the ability to override certain alphanumeric sorting features. for example, the ability to choose where you want to put the movie "∏" (Pi). I'd want it at position 3.14! who knows? maybe this is superfluous.

- make program free. Oh snap! i'm funny. maybe as funny as dane cook, because he's entirely worthless. seriously, his comedy sucks.

thanks for reading, homies.

Forum Links
Forum Rules