Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Nooooooo!!!

Nooooooo!!!
El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 5, 2005, 07:52 PM

So I'm a little behind the times and just finally saw Revenge of the Sith last night. All I really have to say is "meh."

Since we all knew how things were going to turn out, Lucas could have thrown in a couple curveballs to keep things interesting. Like, it could have turned out that Yoda was actually Luke and Leah's dad, then we could have seen some hot Yoda on Natalie Porkman action. Yoda would've been all up in that ass with his ears and lightning would've been shooting out of Porkman's toes.

Then, I might actually believe Annakin turning to the dark side and killing Porkman after she tells him all the juicy details. But no, Lucas decided to play it safe.... what a pussy.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 08:40 PM

i think natalie portman is hot, but sex with yoda...kind of gross.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 09:57 PM

Portman and Yoda sitting in a tree...k-i-s-s-i-n-g...

Gator Lager
Senior User
Nov 5, 2005, 10:09 PM

I wonder would yoda FORCE her to have sex with him.

sorry lousy pun, but I couldn't resist.

El Gato  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 5, 2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by nredman
Oh, I'm not saying a little Padme-Yoda lovin' wouldn't be absolutely heinous, I'm just saying the movie was a little too linear.

Give me some curves, Lucas just put on screen what everyone was expecting to see - Padme's preggers with Luke and Leah, almost all the Jedi die, Palpatine is the Emperor, Annakin turns into Vader.

MEH!

El Gato  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 5, 2005, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Lager
I wonder would yoda FORCE her to have sex with him.

sorry lousy pun, but I couldn't resist.
No, he would use roofies and coke. C'mon, Padme's rich and a party girl... She's probably like the Paris Hilton of Naboo.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2005, 10:13 PM

I still say it was easily the best of the new movies. As an Obi-Wan fan, I enjoyed it.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Ratm
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2005, 11:43 PM

Gato, I think you're a little Yoda-curious.... you sick freak, seek some help.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2005, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by El Gato

Since we all knew how things were going to turn out, Lucas could have thrown in a couple curveballs to keep things interesting. Like, it could have turned out that Yoda was actually Luke and Leah's dad, then we could have seen some hot Yoda on Natalie Porkman action. Yoda would've been all up in that ass with his ears and lightning would've been shooting out of Porkman's toes.
hotness new

[/yoda]

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2005, 12:28 AM

Oh, I'm not saying a little Padme-Yoda lovin' wouldn't be absolutely heinous, I'm just saying the movie was a little too linear.

Give me some curves, Lucas just put on screen what everyone was expecting to see - Padme's preggers with Luke and Leah, almost all the Jedi die, Palpatine is the Emperor, Annakin turns into Vader.

MEH!

It wasn't supposed to be a new material movie. It was supposed to be "You know what happens, but now you can see it happen." If you watch the movies in order, it's definetly a curveball thing, but of course we've seen the ending first.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2005, 12:56 AM

any movie with the lines "You're beautiful b/c I love you" and "I love you b/c you're beautiful" makes me want to vomit!

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

loki74
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2005, 02:35 AM

then we could have seen some hot Yoda on Natalie Porkman action. Yoda would've been all up in that ass with his ears and lightning would've been shooting out of Porkman's toes.

I totally deserve to get disciplined by the mods for saying this, but damn, your mind is f*cked up. Get some help.

And besides, it wouldnt work anyway--how would you explain Luke and Leia not being midgets (although not as small as Yoda) and not being mildly green? Not to mention that if the ass-f*cking action you seem to have wanted to see went down... well, I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant through the ass.

I mean, I totally agree that a few twists and turns would have been nice. But nothing like what you are talking about.

Also, knowing what happens doesn't necessarily ruin the thing--I watched the Ep 3 DVD on friday, and on saturday I saw a play at my shcool: The Diary of Anne Frank. I knew exactly what was going to happen, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Very powerful. Now obviously Ep 3 is fictional and thus nowhere near as tragic as The Diary of Anne Frank, but both are examples of a similar concept--we watch it not to see what will happen, but how it will happen, and how the director imagines it happening.

Personally, I'd much rather watch George Lucas's imagination than yours.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2005, 02:52 AM

I agree the movie is pretty meh also. I just couldn't connect with it.

I found the action scenes in Clones were actually better, the battle in the end was awesome. Yes all the romance sucked.

What I didn't like about Ep3 is that it jumps around too much for no real reason other then to show you new planets. The General looked cool but he sounded like Dark Helmet and the hacking was lame. 4 lightsabers were also a bit tacky.... maul had double ended, aniken fought with two... next step...4!

http://161.58.5.90/space/gooddumb.wav

The Wookiee battle were just there for the sake of having wookies.

Some really cool looking ships in Ep3 as always.
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

El Gato  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2005, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
stuff
Perhaps I should have put a smiley or something at the end of my post, because you obviously took it a little too literally.

I was more joking about the fact that the movie was pretty much what was expected in terms of the story-line. There was really nothing in these first three movies like there was in Empire Strikes Back when you find out that Vader is Luke's father.

I'm just lamenting the fact that Lucas didn't take any chances with the story and provide a twist that makes you think "Damn, I didn't see that coming." Instead, the movie plays out just like what's scripted, and other than the special effects, makes it a little boring.
( Last edited by El Gato; Nov 7, 2005 at 03:12 AM. )

loki74
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2005, 03:22 AM

Well... there were some things I was disappointed with in the movie. but overall I thought it was pretty kick ass.

A twist here or there would have been cool, I guess, but I can't really blame the guy from not "taking any risks." I mean, if you think of all the midless fanboys out there you would totally go nuts if it wasn't exactly the way it "should be" (ie what they are expecting) its really no surprise they stuck to the book.

And of course there is no twist that can upstage the "I am your father." thing... I mean... thats asking for a bit too much, don't you think?

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2005, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Scandalous Ion Cannon
4 lightsabers were also a bit tacky.... maul had double ended, aniken fought with two... next step...4!
Did you notice his lubricating strip?

I liked the bit where George Bush killed Samuel Jackson.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 7, 2005, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
...well, I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant through the ass.
Well, my wife's got some 'splainin' to do. /CRUDEHUMORYUO'LLNEVERHEARFROMRAILROADERAGINSOENJOY ITFORNOW"TYPEOFTHING"]

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2005, 07:56 AM

I thought this was the best one out of the new three that were just released these past few years.

You can make the argument when episode I came out. I know Anakin because Darth Vador...

I wasn't expecting war and peace, it was a well made very nicely put together movie. I was looking forward to seeing this hit the streets in DVD. I waited a couple of days, since there are some people who had to have it on day one, I was not one of them and no use in getting caught up in that. I think I heard some people were lining up and were dressed in star wars garb. That's a little over the top imho.

Mike

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2005, 12:05 PM

I looking forward to getting the DVD soon. Looking forward to seeing the film.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

PBG4 User
Senior User
Nov 7, 2005, 01:26 PM

I was more joking about the fact that the movie was pretty much what was expected in terms of the story-line. There was really nothing in these first three movies like there was in Empire Strikes Back when you find out that Vader is Luke's father.
Unless you're non-English speaking. In some language Darth Vader translates into something like Dark Father. So for some people, finding out Vader was a father was kind of a no-brainer.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2005, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by PBG4 User
Unless you're non-English speaking. In some language Darth Vader translates into something like Dark Father. So for some people, finding out Vader was a father was kind of a no-brainer.

Lucas himself said he didn't know he was going to do that until he wrote Empire and even then he almost chickened out.

Same goes for Luke and Leia being siblings (that is why they hit on each other in the first one).

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2005, 01:42 PM

I agree... MEH... but the best of the new movies by far. At least I would give this one at least one full star.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2005, 02:08 PM

I found the space battle in the beginning the best part. Even that was too cluttered and complicated though. Lucas doesn't believe in white space, every bit of free space has to be filled with a droid or laserbeam.

The Windozer
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2005, 02:18 PM

Firefly completely ruined that movie for me.

WHY IS THERE SOUND IN SPACE?
Making sense is overrated.

Hippotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia -The fear of long words.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Windozer
Firefly completely ruined that movie for me.

WHY IS THERE SOUND IN SPACE?
Cuz it is friggin boring without it.

Firefly sucked worse than Ep3.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2005, 10:35 AM

I can't believe no one posted this, you guys are slipping…

Yoda
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2005, 01:30 PM

New PORKNESS.

-t

acadian
Senior User
Nov 9, 2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by nredman
people ruin everything....

El Gato  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 05:26 PM

This is what I'm talking about.

"You swing too hard, ass!" (20mb)
( Last edited by El Gato; Dec 3, 2005 at 05:33 PM. )

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2005, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush
I can't believe no one posted this, you guys are slipping…

Yoda
How stupid! I like it

Forum Links
Forum Rules