Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Two days with a two-point seven....

Two days with a two-point seven....
acadian
Senior User
Nov 14, 2005, 04:12 PM

I recently hired two new designers and two new workstations to go along with them. One closeout dual 2.7 and one new quad 2.5. Fortunately for me the new 2.7 G5 with 5gb of RAM and a 23" cinema displays arrived three days prior to the new hires so I've been playing around with it and compared to my old dual 2 Ghz (which will become the workstation of the second new hire), it feels dramatically snappier. I'm waiting to see what the difference will be between this and the quad 2.5 when it gets here. If the bump will only feel marginal than I'll feel that I somehow cheated myself out of the WOW factor of going from 2 to quad 2.5.....

...tough life...I know....
people ruin everything....

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2005, 05:42 PM

One possibility would be to sit and use an exponentially slower machine (i.e. sawtooth agp)
for about six to seven hours before sitting down at the quad.

Then watch your neck snap as things populate on screen.

cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Todd Madson
One possibility would be to sit and use an exponentially slower machine (i.e. sawtooth agp)
for about six to seven hours before sitting down at the quad.

Then watch your neck snap as things populate on screen.
Hey, I have an "exponentially slower Sawtooth AGP!" I need to print this email and leave it out for my wife as justification of buying a new dual...

Actually, I'm waiting on on Intel Mac.

Forum Links
Forum Rules