Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Too many "open with" options after installing PS CS2

Too many "open with" options after installing PS CS2
paularizer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2007, 12:47 PM

You know how when you right click a file and go to "open with" there are several options for you to choose through which application you wan to run the said file? Well, after installing Photoshop CS2 (and with it came image ready) when I right click on an image file it gives me a huge list of little .exe apps to open the file with. Some examples are "Aged Photo.exe" "Constrain to 64X64 pixels.exe" "Drop Shadow frame.exe" "Make Button.exe"; in other words, I figure they are these little shortcut application that do exactly what they're name says, and you can use them if that's all you need.

That's all fine and well, but I don't need any of them. None of them are useful to me and I want to get rid of them, because seriously, the list is huge. I can tell by the icons that they're all associated with either Photoshop or Image Ready. I also have Illustrator CS2 installed, but it just has it's own icon, without any of these little BS apps.

I would like to have just the Photoshop icon and the image ready icon and get rid of all the little exes associated with them. How can this be done?
12" PowerBook G4 - 1.33 GHz 768 MB RAM - OS X 10.5.1

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2007, 12:50 PM

I collected them all and created a .zip file that I left in the photoshop folder.

Forum Links
Forum Rules