Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > How can I create my own Avator from my pictures?

How can I create my own Avator from my pictures?
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2004, 02:19 PM

Is it just a matter of resizing a picture to a 96x96 pixel size or what? I want to combine to larger pictures then make it smaller and use it as an avator, I also want to make an animated one, which I know takes more than one picture. How do I get them to show as if it were a silde show? Would that be a gif?How do I do that?
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

Eyenovation
Mac Enthusiast
May 5, 2004, 06:20 PM

Macromedia Flash is a great application and can create great avatars. You can then save them as animated .GIFs or what have you. I believe there's a free trial version online which you can use to see if you like it.

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2004, 08:12 PM

There are a couple of freeware apps that will do the job. You can try one of these:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10438
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/7387

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.

Talk2Angus
Forum Regular
May 24, 2004, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by Jbroad572:
Is it just a matter of resizing a picture to a 96x96 pixel size or what? I want to combine to larger pictures then make it smaller and use it as an avator, I also want to make an animated one, which I know takes more than one picture. How do I get them to show as if it were a silde show? Would that be a gif?How do I do that?
Macromedia Flash is a great application and can create great avatars. You can then save them as animated .GIFs or what have you. I believe there's a free trial version online which you can use to see if you like it
TALK2U Soon
Angus Pohl
Solutions Engineer
Durban
South Afica

Forum Links
Forum Rules