Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > New Version of Quicken now out

New Version of Quicken now out
Thread Tools
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Kent, Washington (Up in God's Country!)
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 23, 2014, 06:18 PM
The other day, Quicken 15 for the Mac was announced by Intuit, and it is available for $79.99, via download only until October. Supposedly, it is "better", and (quoting here) "it also will allow Quicken Mac 2007 users to migrate to a more modern platform". Here is a better "explanation" of Quicken 15 for the Mac:

Quicken for Mac 2015: One Step Forward | Computerworld Blogs

Myself, I am using Quicken Mac 2007, and I use it as basically a "computerized" check book. Since for the personal portion of our income tax return, we do not itemize deductions, I don't need any of the expense tracking features of Quicken. (For the business portion of our return, I easily track the few itemized deductions we are allowed to take for that income). And, for tracking our other investments ( 99% of that income is in Mutual Funds, and the remaining 1% is only in 4 IRAs my wife and I have at two local banks), those are easily handled too without Quicken (or some other financial package).

I might upgrade just for the "fun of it", but I wonder what others plan on doing. Like to hear some other views on this.
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,