Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > "Save" dialogs don't show folders on desktop -- help!

"Save" dialogs don't show folders on desktop -- help!
nebben123
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2000, 05:23 PM

For some reason I have recently noticed that my "Save" dialog boxes do not show folders that are on the desktop. It only shows the disk drives. This may or may not have coincided with my install of Mac OS X.

Curiously it does show folders on the desktop that are associated with my Mac OS X partition, but not folders which belong to any of my other partitions.

I am also using Action Files and it has the same problem as Navigation Services (built in dialog browser).

Does anyone know what is going on? This is a serious pain in the ass because I can't access any files or folders on my desktop, unless they belong to my Mac OS X partition (which isn't what I want). Grrr. Help!

Ben

noliv
Senior User
Oct 26, 2000, 11:15 AM

this is a known problem caused by macOS X

i had the same problem and someone in this forum told me to download a little app that solved it.
it's "Make Disks Visible" (68 kbytes), you will find it at: http://www.Alsoft.com/AskAl/download.html
-noliv

Forum Links
Forum Rules