Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Buddy List Gone

Buddy List Gone
bedoughty
Jun 16, 2005, 03:16 PM

Hi all. I'm running Tiger 10.4.1 on my powerbook 12" and iMac G5. Just this morning when I signed onto iChat my entire buddy list and all my categories are gone. Obliterated. I log on, I can connect, and other buddies can send me messages, but it's as if my entire buddy list was wiped off aol's servers.

I heard about a worm going around yesterday.. could there be a correlation? Has this happened to anyone else? I tried searching through the vast ocean of aol and aim support files but most of em that can get you anywhere point to AOL software-specific links, so I can't get in.

Any help? Thoughts? I recorded a lot of my buddies in address book, but not all of em. Thanks!
-
this isn't who it would be
if it wasn't who it is
-T.Anastasio

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2005, 05:47 PM

It happens with GAIM and AIM sometimes. Your buddy list isn't gone, it will be back...signing on with AIM then signing on to iChat might fix it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules