Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz 4GB/200GB, 15" choice of free case, mint, loaded

FS: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz 4GB/200GB, 15" choice of free case, mint, loaded
bedoughty
May 25, 2008, 02:59 PM

Now that I'm graduated and doing nothing but writing full time, I don't need a MacBook Pro anymore. I thought I'd start doing design work on the side after school, but we have a Mac Pro if I really need horsepower. I'm going to scale back to a MacBook and save the cash or maybe put some of it towards an iPhone 2.0.

This is a MacBook Pro (Early 2008) with multi-touch and the new LED-backlit display. More stats:

2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo Intel CPU/processor
15-inch display at 1440 x 900, LED-backlit
4GB of Apple-certified RAM (upgraded from base model)
200GB 7200 RPM hard drive (fast, upgraded from base model)
512 MB GeForce 8600 GT video card (upgraded from base model)
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
iLife '08
Multi-Touch trackpad
backlit keyboard
Clear keyboard cover from iSkin
all the other standard, included accessories
Original retail box and packaging
Original recovery discs

Configured from Apple: $2,749. I'm asking $2,399.

The machine is only about 3 months old (they were only released in February), so it doesn't have AppleCare on it. I can get AppleCare for you at $250 with my student discount, instead of the $350 Apple charges.

The MBP is in mint condition, free of dead pixels on the display. I have a number of cases and backpacks lying around that I've either received for review or used myself. You can have your choice of one for free, or I'll take another $50 off the price if you don't want any of them. I'm happy to send pictures and answer any questions in here, via PM, or email.

If you're interested, get in touch with me ASAP. I would prefer not to have to list this on eBay.
( Last edited by bedoughty; May 26, 2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: MacBook Pro sold.)
-
this isn't who it would be
if it wasn't who it is
-T.Anastasio

bedoughty  (op)
May 26, 2008, 02:13 AM

I tried editing the post's title to reflect that this MBP has been sold, but I'm not seeing the change appear even after clearing cache and checking in a different browser entirely.

Either way: it's been sold. Thanks for looking.
-
this isn't who it would be
if it wasn't who it is
-T.Anastasio

Socrates
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2008, 06:12 PM

Hello!

I saw your post today and I am not sure if the macbook Pro is still on sale. Let me know. I live in Iowa and I am interested.

Forum Links
Forum Rules