Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > To the Administrator

To the Administrator
imdipped
Forum Regular
Nov 8, 2014, 12:00 PM

Please remove my threads on the subjects of ‘How can I get rid of the mbr?’ and ‘Update to Mavericks from Snow Leopard 10.6.8’. They cause confusion because they contain inaccurate and misleading information. They are not up to the standards set by the caliber of the posters on this excellent Forum. I thank the posters that have taken their valuable time to try to help me.
A newbie that has learned much since Snow Leopard.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 8, 2014, 05:51 PM

I've moved this thread from Mac OS X to the Feedback forum. It's the place for questions about forum moderation. Our local Moderators in Mac OS X are the people to ask for thread deletions there. You'll find a list of Moderators at the bottom of each forum area. For Mac OS X, they are OreoCookie, Cold Warrior, seanc , and P. You could send a private message to whomever sounds the most sympathetic, asking for the delete.

btw, better avoid 'P' - he may have chosen the chemical symbol of Phosphorus for a reason.
( Last edited by reader50; Nov 8, 2014 at 06:05 PM. )

P
Nov 10, 2014, 01:25 PM

Why don't you make an additional post in each thread, to sum up the status with what you have learned? I don't really want to delete the threads, because they're not stupid questions. Both of them are things that would be very hard to figure out by googling, so it is more than reasonable to ask. I made one more post in one thread, explaining partition schemes for future reference, but I don't really feel that I should delete the threads.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules