Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad or iPad 2?

iPad or iPad 2?
laieboy
Forum Regular
Mar 29, 2011, 05:44 PM

Planning on picking up an iPad mainly to use with the DJay app for my DJ business for smaller gigs. Since the recent upgrade of the DJay app I heard it is more stable now with the original iPad. The listings here on CL has the 64GB iPad going for around $500. Not sure if I would like to spend an extra $200 for the iPad 2. Your thoughts?
Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual-Quad Core • iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo • MacBook Pro 15" 2.0 GHz i7 Quad Core

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2011, 06:11 PM

If you can afford it the iPad 2 is worth the difference. Then again, you have to find one...

All glory to the hypnotoad.

solofx7
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2011, 09:13 PM

I must co-sign the iPad 2 if you can afford the difference.
Though it is not a huge leap in computing like the iPad 1, it is still truly next-gen.
It is worth the money.
If you are regularly syncing and can manage your data, I would say go with a smaller iPad 2 if you think you can get away with it to get into the iPad 2 if you can. Either way I do not think that you will be disappointed.
iMac 27inch 3.4 i7 16gb ram, MacBook Air 11 inch i5 128gb, iMac 27inch 2.8 i7 8gb ram, MacBook Pro 17 inch 2.66 i7, 4gb ram 500gb HDD Seagate XT,
iPhone 4 - Time Capsule 2tb, Apple TV - iPad 2 64gb

AccessoryGeeks
Banned
Mar 30, 2011, 02:00 PM

There is about $200 in difference, but the iPad 2 is far superior than the first one. I would definitely get the iPad 2 if I could afford it. The second one is sleeker and looks a whole lot better. The processor is faster and it also has a camera!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 30, 2011, 02:54 PM

From what I remember, DJ apps were unstable on iPad 1 due to the limited RAM (256MB), and often crashed.

Chances are, the iPad 2 with 512MB will run much more smoothly.
There is really no excuse for a DJ when suddenly the music stops because the app crashed.

-t

laieboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2011, 07:02 AM

iPad 2 it is!!
Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual-Quad Core • iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo • MacBook Pro 15" 2.0 GHz i7 Quad Core

Forum Links
Forum Rules