Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Want a new 20" Cinema Display

Want a new 20" Cinema Display
Cincojoe
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2004, 08:50 PM

But....how long do they last? Do they start to dim over time? What kind of life can I expect to get out of one these displays?

Thanks
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

osxisfun
Feb 25, 2004, 08:56 PM

i think they measure it in hours and its a realllly long time. (like if you keep them on 24 hours a day for years. most people don't)

both of mine are just over one year old and just as bright. you may also want to drop by an apple store or apple dealer and talk to the tech guys and listen to any stories they have about it...

Cincojoe  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2004, 09:00 PM

THanks for the reply...

As for talking to the guys at the Apple store, not too dure about that. All there goin g to do is try and sell me a monitor. Thats why i'm asking here on the forums. Last time I was there I told them about the white spots I was getting on my Ti and they said they had never heard of that. Whatever....
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

Leonis
Senior User
Feb 25, 2004, 09:18 PM

I usually set the brightness of my 20" ACD to no higher than 25% cause my room is not very bright.

It's been 13 months and the screen just looks like the first day I got it......not getting brighter or dimmer. Color is still constant

The screen is turned on at average of 10 hrs/day

I however was told by a few 22" ACD (1st generation) users that their screens turn very dim after 14 months of heavy use.
MacPro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250GB + 160GB HDs, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook Pro 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM (from work)
MacBook (White) 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules