Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Windows XP

Windows XP
billy_2004
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 03:43 AM

Mac OS X is really weak guys....I cant believe you actually USE it...get a real OS. Get XP.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 03:46 AM

what

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 03:52 AM

the

-r.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2003, 04:13 AM

f�ck

(edit: block my dieresis, will you!? haha, the grave accent wins, bitches! )

MDA
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 04:22 AM

Originally posted by billy_2004:
Mac OS X is really weak guys....I cant believe you actually USE it...get a real OS. Get XP.
You can't really possibly be serious can you? XP is a heaping pile of 0's and 1's compared to OS X. Please, please tell me that you aren't that much of a moronic (hope it isn't too big a word for you) sheep.

MDA
( Last edited by MDA; Dec 30, 2003 at 05:13 AM. )

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 04:41 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
(edit: block my dieresis, will you!? haha, the grave accent wins, bitches! )
Aw man. I almost fell out of my chair, dude.

phantomo
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 30, 2003, 04:47 AM

Ok, I will remember the name....

This guy is asking for a fight? or he feels lonely?
15"MBP/C2D2.4GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD
15"MBP/C2D2.16GHz/3GB RAM/250GB HD
12"PB/1GHz/768MB/60GB/SuperDrive/AE
iPhone 8GB/iPod video 30GB

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 05:05 AM

gb2seattle

"Do I need to draw a diagram for you then to tell you that nerdy 16-17 year olds, fat chicks and old men turn my crank then? Will you understand it then or don't you follow still chris." - Landos Mustache

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2003, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
Aw man. I almost fell out of my chair, dude.

Hey, is this KH reincarnated?

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2003, 09:24 AM

Maybe you would like to explain to everyone why you feel the way you do instead of making off the wall remarks. Something we expect trolls to make!

addiecool
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 30, 2003, 09:40 AM

You mean you joined Macnn just to post this stupid remark. What a jerk!!!

These are forums meant for good discussions and helping out each other, not for posting baseless comments like these. Get a Life, Find another forum.
iMac Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz 20", 1.5 GB RAM, 250GB
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 17", 512 MB RAM, 160GB
iPod Video 5G 60GB White
Mighty Mouse sucks - "Bought the Logitech 518 Gaming mouse"
USB 2.0 Hard Drive Sucked - "Bought a Firewire Hard Disk"

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 10:11 AM

But Billy, I already have XP and I USE OS X 95% of the time. I have a 2.6ghz P4 and a 450mhz cube here at work and I much prefer the cube thanks.

Turias
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 10:57 AM

Now guys, don't feed the troll...

ryju
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Turias:
Now guys, don't feed the troll...
It's too late now he can smell it

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 12:33 PM

Frankly, I miss a good troll around here. We've heard nary a peep from Winzealots in a good long while, at least not since the rollout date for Longhorn was moved back for the third or fourth time.

I'm not convinced billy's even a troll though; that opening volley was far too weak. I think billy's really a Mac user who's bored waiting for MWSF to roll around.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2003, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Nonsuch:
Frankly, I miss a good troll around here. We've heard nary a peep from Winzealots in a good long while, at least not since the rollout date for Longhorn was moved back for the third or fourth time.

I'm not convinced billy's even a troll though; that opening volley was far too weak. I think billy's really a Mac user who's bored waiting for MWSF to roll around.
Go look at his email address. Its MS.

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2003, 02:09 PM

Wow that post showed me the way... I am running out to my local Gateway store righ now.

sniffer
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 02:45 PM

What he said ^^.

Sniffer gone old-school sig

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 03:08 PM

This guy's what, 15 with no chance of getting a g/f?
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

DaGuy
Senior User
Dec 30, 2003, 03:15 PM

Some of you guys are just too easy. It's a definite troll, only one post and zero brains behind it.

I suggest that going forward we strictly reply with a steady stream of "Your Mama is so fat" type jokes -or "Your Mama is so ugly". Note that If we curse the hell out of him he'll just call his many brainless Bill Gate bitches to check out the many F words he generated. On the other hand, there's nothing cool about showing off a stream of "Your Mama is so fat" jokes .

I'll start:

Billy_2004's Mama is so fat that her high school picture one first place in an aerial photography contest.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2003, 03:31 PM

1++
weird wabbit

Turias
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by theolein:
1++
Uh... isn't that 2?

ambush
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 03:45 PM

postCount+=1;

postCount++;

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 03:45 PM

Aw, ****, why didn't anyone tell me sooner?!

MOTHER ****ER! I spent all this time using it, I bet people were making fun of me behind my back..****!

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2003, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
postCount+=1;

postCount++;
LoL, programming!? Like, get out more, get a life, or get laid, or something, man! LoL

[/point made with sarcasm]

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by DaGuy:
Some of you guys are just too easy. It's a definite troll, only one post and zero brains behind it.

I suggest that going forward we strictly reply with a steady stream of "Your Mama is so fat" type jokes -or "Your Mama is so ugly". Note that If we curse the hell out of him he'll just call his many brainless Bill Gate bitches to check out the many F words he generated. On the other hand, there's nothing cool about showing off a stream of "Your Mama is so fat" jokes .

I'll start:

Billy_2004's Mama is so fat that her high school picture one first place in an aerial photography contest.

Billy_2004's Mama is so fat, her a$$ looks like two pigs fighting over a milk dud.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

hadocon
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 05:42 PM

+1

sorry
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 06:26 PM

Worst. Troll. Ever.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

Algernnon
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 06:30 PM

Seriously...

I'm with stupid
---->

Criminal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2003, 07:05 PM

hmmmm billy boy i wanna hunt you down and cut your ear off

tomdavidson69
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 07:56 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
Billy_2004's Mama is so fat, her a$$ looks like two pigs fighting over a milk dud.
Billy_2004's Mama is so fat, her ass-cheeks have different post (zip) codes....

Couldn't resist !
"I'm Captain Chaos! Been in the force long...?"

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 08:06 PM

Hi Billy! You're clever posting a message like that on a Mac forum!! Haha!

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 08:15 PM

OSX sucks. It's nowhere near as tasty as a pie, and it's not as filling as a box of Twinkies.

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 08:34 PM

Dear Mac freaks,
First of all, I feel sorry for you all. Your clueless people using toys that you think are machines. If you want a real taste of power, purchase yourself an Athlon or Pentium 4 machine. You wont regret it. In all honesty, I feel sorry for you guys, you think your operating system is superior to Windows? Let me clue you in on some information. It�s not. Apple indeed copied Microsoft. The �dock� (as your species calls it), is the cheapest rip off of the start bar I have ever seen. I laugh to myself every time I hear one of you people say it�s �revolutionary.� Lets just be honest, okay? Stop lyeing to yourselves and the rest of the world. Mac OS X is pathetic, and you know it�s a rip off of XP. First of all, XP was the founder of �good� looking graphics. I admit, Microsoft waited a long time to finally implement high quality graphics into their OS, and when they finally did, Apple had to come along and try and beat us. Apple: �Who needs transparent windows?� You all talk about your OS as if it�s some amazing thing, since when is semi-transparent windows revolutionary? You know what I call revolution? NTFS. Apple couldn�t create a file system if they tried. Unix is old, and who wrote in blood that open source is God? For some reason(I have failed to understand why), you people think this �UNIX� is going to prosper over XP. Your wrong, Microsoft has many innovative solutions coming in Longhorn. Another bone I have: You mac �freaks� (as you call yourselves), believe Longhorn is already behind technology wise? That couldn�t be more far from the truth. Longhorn is simply fixing the problems that OS X created. As a PC user, I am outraged you Mac users have the nerve to say Apple is creative. They copied every aspect of XP, from the start bar(dock), to Windows Media player(iTunes), Windows Movie maker(iMovie), MSN Messenger(iChat)�it makes me sick. Microsoft worked long and hard to create these innovations and Apple thinks their better because they make childish names for their programs. Tell me, Mac beings, what does the �i� stand for? Idiot? Another thing I hate about Mac OS X, the genie effect. Tell me, what�s the point? This only slows performance by using pointless processor power to render silly animations. Im not looking for a war here people(if that�s what you all are), Im trying to get you to realize the truth and stop bull******* yourselves. OS X is a fad that�s going to die, XP is the one true OS which Apple thinks they can out-do. Your processors aren�t even fast. (1.2 Gigahertz?) You have got to be kidding me. If your going to reply with a bunch of ****, then forget it, because Im not going to talk to a load of immature children who are going to defend their amateur OS. �Oh no, he insulted our Macs! MOMMY.� Give it a rest.
-Billy

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 08:48 PM

They don't have 'Return' buttons on PCs.

Algernnon
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 08:48 PM

Dearest Billy,

First of all, how childish is it to try to pick a fight in a Mac forum... and don't say you aren't. It's asinine to make the accusations you have and say you aren't trying to start a flame war. I'm not sure what kind of brainwashing you have been a victim of, but it seems to have taken a firm hold. I would suggest therapy and soon.

I'm with stupid
---->

Criminal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2003, 08:50 PM

are you a retard or something xp is the most unstable os ever built!!!!
i had a xp lap top bran new and i was seeing blue screens of death on a daily if not hourly basis i put up with it for a YEAR! untill i got my mac and got rid of the winBLOWS now i don't have problems like that get a grip you freak it bill paying you to come here spitting such shi*t??

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 08:51 PM

In all honesty, you should consider me your messiah. I can save you from your sad existance of Macs if you give me a chance. If not, its your $ down the drain.

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 08:54 PM

Don't feed the trolls...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

sniffer
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 08:59 PM

In all honesty, you should consider me your messiah. I can save you from your sad existance of Macs if you give me a chance.
Hey cool. Are you going to sponsor me a PC or sumething?

tomdavidson69
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 09:05 PM

In all honesty, you should consider me your messiah. I can save you from your sad existance of Macs if you give me a chance. If not, its your $ down the drain.
I gotta say, thank you Billy_2004 (if that is your real name ) for giving us all here a good laugh! Nice one! I'm stuck writing a dissertation here (it's a "long bit of writing" sorry I used a long word - I mean you are only 14 right?) and I needed a break - so yeah, thanks!

Kindling to the flame war aside, and I know that I shouldn't even bother to reply - but why don't you go away actually use a mac for a bit (speaking as a PC convert) then come back with mature arguments (with evidence for your arguments instead of saying "it's a load of ****")...

Y'know fcuk it, come on spew some more messiah crap it's funnier than you trying to construct a half-decent arguement.

-To the MacNN gang - they probably all say this, but I don't usually flame, and I know he's just out for a "I've got my ears closed" argument but it's late and I'm stressed so apologies!

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 09:07 PM

I am in need of therapy? Im not the one using a toy. "oohh resizable windows, fancy shiny buttons! hehe." What are you guys, nuts? "Expose is so amazing!" ....uh, no. The only thing it's going to expose is how pathetic Mac OS X is, and how stupid you "followers" are. Your buying into all glitter and no performance. As for the person who said he had a laptop with blue screen errors. That is NOT the fault of XP, that is the fault of poorly designed hardware. You want a list of good hardware? I will tell you exactly what you need to have Windows XP running superb! You wont regret it.

sniffer
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2003, 09:13 PM

I will tell you exactly what you need to have Windows XP running superb! You wont regret it.
Please tell us.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 09:42 PM

Dear Mac freaks,
First of all, I feel sorry for you all. Your clueless people using toys that you think are machines. If you want a real taste of power, purchase yourself an Athlon or Pentium 4 machine. You wont regret it. In all honesty, I feel sorry for you guys, you think your operating system is superior to Windows? Let me clue you in on some information. It�s not. Apple indeed copied Microsoft. The �dock� (as your species calls it), is the cheapest rip off of the start bar I have ever seen. I laugh to myself every time I hear one of you people say it�s �revolutionary.� Lets just be honest, okay? Stop lyeing to yourselves and the rest of the world. Mac OS X is pathetic, and you know it�s a rip off of XP. First of all, XP was the founder of �good� looking graphics. I admit, Microsoft waited a long time to finally implement high quality graphics into their OS, and when they finally did, Apple had to come along and try and beat us. Apple: �Who needs transparent windows?� You all talk about your OS as if it�s some amazing thing, since when is semi-transparent windows revolutionary? You know what I call revolution? NTFS. Apple couldn�t create a file system if they tried. Unix is old, and who wrote in blood that open source is God? For some reason(I have failed to understand why), you people think this �UNIX� is going to prosper over XP. Your wrong, Microsoft has many innovative solutions coming in Longhorn. Another bone I have: You mac �freaks� (as you call yourselves), believe Longhorn is already behind technology wise? That couldn�t be more far from the truth. Longhorn is simply fixing the problems that OS X created. As a PC user, I am outraged you Mac users have the nerve to say Apple is creative. They copied every aspect of XP, from the start bar(dock), to Windows Media player(iTunes), Windows Movie maker(iMovie), MSN Messenger(iChat)�it makes me sick. Microsoft worked long and hard to create these innovations and Apple thinks their better because they make childish names for their programs. Tell me, Mac beings, what does the �i� stand for? Idiot? Another thing I hate about Mac OS X, the genie effect. Tell me, what�s the point? This only slows performance by using pointless processor power to render silly animations. Im not looking for a war here people(if that�s what you all are), Im trying to get you to realize the truth and stop bull******* yourselves. OS X is a fad that�s going to die, XP is the one true OS which Apple thinks they can out-do. Your processors aren�t even fast. (1.2 Gigahertz?) You have got to be kidding me. If your going to reply with a bunch of ****, then forget it, because Im not going to talk to a load of immature children who are going to defend their amateur OS. �Oh no, he insulted our Macs! MOMMY.� Give it a rest.
-Billy
Ahhhh.. now that's a troll worth feeding! Sadly it doesn't redeem your first post. Too little too late, bud.

You do get an A for effort though.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 09:48 PM

I thank you for being sensible. Here is a list:
Get yourself a Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz with hyperthreading technology. The frontside bus should be at least 800mhz, and make sure the motherboard has 5 PCI slots. (ASUS makes fast boards) www.asus.com
DDR Memory is a standard, and you can purchase 2 512's for cheap from many online vendors.(Make sure you get 1 GB) L2 chache should be 512k. 160 GB Hard drive should be suitable for video editors, also the Windows swap file should be upped to take advantage of the large HDD space. Make sure to partition the hard drive, 80 for one half, 80 for the other.(Actual formatted space is less.) Format partition 1 in NTFS, and install Windows XP(home or pro) onto it. (LG optical drive). I promote the GCC-4520B, as it supports the newer superlink memory buffer underrun technology. As for the hard drive, purchase am Atlas 10k 3 Ultra160. They have superior life and provide shocj protection(to withstand anything). This model is also mobile enough to be hooked to other computers(auto SCSI config). The motherboard should be an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe. It supports hyperthreading technology, 4 DDR memory slots, ect. The great thing about this motherboard, is the advanced AI audio managment feature, which provides up to 6 channel audio. A great feature which is built right in. ATA is also supported, USB 2.0, 8x AGP. Do not use a built in video card, they use up system resources. Instead, purchase(if possible), an ATI Radeon 9600G or nVidia Quadro FX 1000. Both these are superior cards which will suit any hardcore graphics designer.(Note: these are 128 MB cards.) They support VGA and DVI. (Industry standard for video editing and composition. This type of configuration would duke out VERY nicely in becnhmark tests. I have similar components in my machine, and since they are the highest quality components, I have absolutely no troubles at all. My machine runs superior, and I have had no crashes or blue screens. Do NOT purchase a new machine off the shelf, the software bundled is OEM software.(Hardware manufacturers such as Dell and HP take XP and optimize it specifically to their machine with a whole shitload of preinstalled crap). If you have an XP CD, wipe the hard drive clean, and reinstall using NTFS. And make sure to partition the drive so you can backup your data to the other partition. This way, your sure to have a failsafe way of never having any problems. Follow these simple steps, and your home free with an excellent performing machine. You wont regret it.
-Billy.

tomdavidson69
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 09:53 PM

Was the whole point of the original post to get somebody to allow you to prove you can quote the detailed spec of PC component hardware?

On a point of interest, just how much would your suggested system cost? Just a final figure will do....

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by tomdavidson69:
Was the whole point of the original post to get somebody to allow you to prove you can quote the detailed spec of PC component hardware?

On a point of interest, just how much would your suggested system cost? Just a final figure will do....
$3,318 Custom build, 3 year limited warranty.

KraziKid
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 30, 2003, 09:57 PM

<cracks knuckles preparing to swiftly inform you of your idiosyncrasies> To premise, I have used Microsoft powered machine's since I started using computers (around 11-12 years ago). I am also a MSDN subscriber, so I am a Windows developer as well. Now, I recently purchased a 17 inch powerbook. Let's begin.
Dear Mac freaks,
First of all, I feel sorry for you all. Your clueless people using toys that you think are machines. If you want a real taste of power, purchase yourself an Athlon or Pentium 4 machine. You wont regret it.

Are you aware of a fundamental difference between x86 processors and PowerPC processors? Megahertz means absolutely nothing in comparison. They are very different architectures. A G5 will outpace any x86 processor at the same megahertz, and will still outpace a PC that is priced comparatively.

In all honesty, I feel sorry for you guys, you think your operating system is superior to Windows? Let me clue you in on some information. It�s not. Apple indeed copied Microsoft. The �dock� (as your species calls it), is the cheapest rip off of the start bar I have ever seen. I laugh to myself every time I hear one of you people say it�s �revolutionary.� Lets just be honest, okay? Stop lyeing to yourselves and the rest of the world. Mac OS X is pathetic, and you know it�s a rip off of XP. First of all, XP was the founder of �good� looking graphics.

Are you aware that OS X came out before Windows XP? Also, the dock and start MENU (not bar) serve different functions. The dock allows easy access to commonly used programs, and has more functions that the windows start menu. The start menu's main function is access to every program. While a nice idea, it is fairly clunky. The dock is completely uncluttered because you have full control over it.

I admit, Microsoft waited a long time to finally implement high quality graphics into their OS, and when they finally did, Apple had to come along and try and beat us. Apple: �Who needs transparent windows?� You all talk about your OS as if it�s some amazing thing, since when is semi-transparent windows revolutionary?

You do realize Windows XP has transparent windows too?

You know what I call revolution? NTFS. Apple couldn�t create a file system if they tried.

Apple has created there own filesystem. The HFS+ file system is an extension to Apple's HFS filesystem in which they add support for journaling among other things.

Unix is old, and who wrote in blood that open source is God? For some reason(I have failed to understand why), you people think this �UNIX� is going to prosper over XP.

Do you realize that Windows also has a Unix based micro-kernel?

Your wrong, Microsoft has many innovative solutions coming in Longhorn. Another bone I have: You mac �freaks� (as you call yourselves), believe Longhorn is already behind technology wise? That couldn�t be more far from the truth.

As much as I think Longhorn will be a good OS when it comes out, it is still years off. No one can pass fair judgment on it. From what I have seen in the PDC release (accessible to MSDN subscribers), Longhorn in it's current form is not much different than XP. The explorer has been given an overhaul to add some nice GUI improvements, but if you want to talk about copying, the nice bar on the left of the screen in Longhorn can be considered using the dock idea. It allows for the quick access to commonly used programs, and also allows for docklets to be used (which our dock can also).

Longhorn is simply fixing the problems that OS X created.

How is it fixing problems OS X created? Longhorn is the logical evolution of a Windows OS, just as XP was to 2000.

As a PC user, I am outraged you Mac users have the nerve to say Apple is creative. They copied every aspect of XP, from the start bar(dock), to Windows Media player(iTunes), Windows Movie maker(iMovie), MSN Messenger(iChat)�it makes me sick. Microsoft worked long and hard to create these innovations and Apple thinks their better because they make childish names for their programs.

I will once again state that Mac OS X came out before Windows XP. Also, with the copying of MSN Messenger, with your logic Microsoft copied AOL with AIM.

Tell me, Mac beings, what does the �i� stand for?

Nope, it stands for iLife.

Idiot? Another thing I hate about Mac OS X, the genie effect. Tell me, what�s the point? This only slows performance by using pointless processor power to render silly animations.

Okay, so now lets talk about 3D engine powered GUI's. Are you aware that Longhorn will be using a 3D engine for the GUI too? Mac OS X uses Quartz which is using OpenGL, while Longhorn will be using Avalon which is using DirectX. Quartz does not slow down performance because Quartz has something called Quartz Extreme which uses your GPU to process these GUI animations. Windows XP does not have dedicated hardware to do this. Also, Windows XP has "silly animations" also. Right click on something, notice that fade effect?

Im not looking for a war here people(if that�s what you all are), Im trying to get you to realize the truth and stop bull******* yourselves. OS X is a fad that�s going to die, XP is the one true OS which Apple thinks they can out-do.

OS X is not a fad. It is a much more revolutionary OS than Windows XP. OS X offers cross platform compatibility, meaning that programs are source compatible with most *NIX programs out there. This means that the application base on Mac OS X is already a couple of thousand fold greater than Windows.

Your processors aren�t even fast. (1.2 Gigahertz?) You have got to be kidding me.

I will go back to my previous statement that there are fundamental differences between a x86 processor and a PowerPC processors. x86 processors are CISC processors and PowerPC processors are RISC processors. RISC processors are inherently more efficient per clock cycle. A CISC processor actually takes the CISC instructions and converts them to RISC instructions to be used internally. A top of the line G5 will keep up with the top of the line P4.

If your going to reply with a bunch of ****, then forget it, because Im not going to talk to a load of immature children who are going to defend their amateur OS. �Oh no, he insulted our Macs! MOMMY.� Give it a rest.

You have to be one of the most closed minded people I have ever read something from on the internet. Like I said, I have been a Windows user all of my life, and decided to try something new. My Powerbook was cheaper my around 400 dollars than a comparative Dell (Apple is nice to us people in educational institutions). My Apple laptop os many times more useful and portable than a Microsoft powered one. I believe that Mac OS X offers a much better user experience. The reason being is because it is user-centric. Windows is application-centric.

-Billy
Now, go and flame me all you want, but I am, for the most part, probably one of the least biased people on this board (no offense to anyone). I own my own MSDN subscription because I am a software developer, and it is a very nice package. Since I started using Mac, I find myself realizing how outdated the Window's general idea is. Mac OS X is a complete overhaul from OS 9. There is very little common when you get technical. Windows XP is (for all intensive purposes) Windows 2000 with enhanced driver support, and a new GUI. Longhorn may offer more when it is released, but from my use of it, it seems like it will not be as revolutionary as Mac OS X has been to the computing world. You sir are also very misinformed. I know you are a troll, but I just felt like setting the things you said straight.
15 inch MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 7200 RPM 100GB HDD.

Dual 2.5 GHz Power Mac G5, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, ATI Radeon X800XT.

tomdavidson69
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 10:04 PM

Just over 2 grand(�) .. hmmm... ok fair enough. I used to dabble in building myself but you don't go to macs to get 'bang for you buck'. If that was the case I'd have built a DP Athlon years ago...

My first point still stands... why come to a mac forum and, in effect, tell us all to buy a top-end PC? Are you bored? It's the evening in the US now right... go watch TV, do something productive....! No really....

billy_2004  (op)
Banned
Dec 30, 2003, 10:05 PM

Your an ignorant bastard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules