Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Wolff in the Fold

Wolff in the Fold
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2018, 10:15 AM

That book and all the drama surrounding it will need its own thread.

The latest news (still catching up) is one of Trumps lawyers got out because he thought the AF1 meeting was obstruction.

Wolff is also said to have tapes of some of the interviews for this book.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2018, 06:35 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8d667c7cb255
"I support President Trump and the platform upon which he was elected," Mercer said. "My family and I have not communicated with Steve Bannon in many months and have provided no financial support to his political agenda, nor do we support his recent actions and statements."
Not surprisingly Bannon missed one of the lessons of the 2016 election – conservatives care about power, not principles.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2018, 06:36 PM

Also, the publisher moved up the book release to tomorrow based on Streisand Effect demand and the legal savvy of heading off an unlikely C&D.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2018, 07:22 PM

Perhaps a strange observation, but this is the first point I’ve felt the “normal timeline” is trying to reassert itself.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Perhaps a strange observation, but this is the first point I’ve felt the “normal timeline” is trying to reassert itself.
All it took was for Trump's narcissism and temper coupled with the submissiveness of his toadies allowing a journalist to act as an unrealized interloper in their midst for several months to finally achieve the affect.

Simple.

(I don't see it)

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2018, 09:46 PM

It was just a metaphor which hit me for whatever reason.

Less cryptically, I’ve learned my lesson about thinking “oh, this will sink Trump”, but this is certainly of a different nature than the “bombshells” which preceded it.

The best single example I can think of is the hair. If that’s true, every single morning when he stares in the mirror he knows it’s not “fake news”, and the entire world knows because the light of his life betrayed him.

Ironic in that ultimately no one really cares... I would hope we’ve all got bigger fish to fry.

He’s been permanently injured, he’s far more alone than he ever imagined, with little more he can blame past the crippling insecurities in the mirror staring back at him.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2018, 11:32 PM

You seem to citing some passage specifically but I'm not clear what.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 5, 2018, 12:47 AM

Allegedly...

Trump is totally bald on the top of his head. This area has been reduced surgically. Every day he combs his circular ring of hair into a point on the top of his head, then locks it back with hairspray. One can also presume it’s why he likes the MAGA hats.

He uses Just for Men, but is too impatient to leave it in long enough, which is why it’s that weird color.

Ivanka is cited as the source.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2018, 10:59 AM

Bannon groveling trying to get back in the good graces of the right. Looks like the cuck is on the other foot

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 12, 2018, 11:03 PM

Another book coming out tomorrow I think about the election with lots of... claims about Trump and the campaign. I don't know anything about the authors to judge their track record.

Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump, a new book by Michael Isikoff, the chief investigative reporter for Yahoo News, and David Corn, the Washington bureau chief for Mother Jones.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2018, 07:16 AM

The costs of publishing a book have gotten so low they may as well be those junk circulars proposing to be news with stories about yeti babies.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 13, 2018, 09:28 AM

Well that's a rather melodramatic reaction to this book coming out

Forum Links
Forum Rules