Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > .Mac Personal Domain Problem

.Mac Personal Domain Problem
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2007, 07:58 PM

Anyone having a problem hosting their personal domain with .Mac? I made all the necessary changes with my registrar but still no site to see from my published iWeb site (iLife 08 version) just my registrars 'under construction' page.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2007, 08:03 PM

How long ago did you make the DNS change? It can take up to a couple days for it to propagate.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

stevesnj  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2007, 08:14 PM

I did it on the 10th so I figure I should wait longer but the 'under construction' page is up which tells me something happened but I figured I would get a 'file not found' or 404 error from .Mac not my registrar...in this case my registrar is 'Network Solutions' .
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2007, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
I did it on the 10th so I figure I should wait longer but the 'under construction' page is up which tells me something happened but I figured I would get a 'file not found' or 404 error from .Mac not my registrar...in this case my registrar is 'Network Solutions' .

What do you get when you do a:

host [domainname]

in your Terminal? If it isn't resolving, the DNS entry hasn't been propagated to your DNS server yet. If you are really anxious to start working with it, you could create a domain entry in your /etc/hosts file.

Forum Links
Forum Rules