Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > mac monitor adaptor

mac monitor adaptor
hobby
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2002, 03:51 AM

I came by a Power mac 6100/60 without a monitor. I dont know much about mac's let alone this paticular one.
I'd like to connect a monitor to get started. I realized from what limited paperwork that came with the puter that I'd need an adaptor to mate one of my old monitors to this PowerMac.
When I search for an adaptor will most of the adaptors work, or do I need a specific adaptor dedicated to a 6100-60. The puter has the ability to add only one periphial(like another monitor). But I just want to find a monitor adaptor......... for now.
I see that some adaptors have switches and are just one piece, while other adaptors seem to have a cable between the connectors.
Any info I can get would be most appreciated.

Hobby,
[email protected]

reader50
Administrator
Nov 9, 2002, 04:36 AM

You need a mac DB15 -> VGA adapter. The ones with switches allow you to set the "sense code" - the code that tells the computer what resolutions / refresh rates the monitor supports. The only trouble with these is none of the switch adapters seem to come with a legend, you have to flip switches and guess until you hit a suitable combination.

Secret Vampire
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2002, 10:02 PM

except according to Apple the 6100 uses a hdi45 video connector, this backs up what I thought last time I saw one, this is the correct adapter for a vga monitor.
Secret

4 Macs, 6 Amigas, 3 SparcStations, an Atari ST, an Acorn, and N+1 PCs.

I'm such a geek.

Forum Links
Forum Rules