Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Canon BCI 6 Cartridges

Canon BCI 6 Cartridges
bighill
Forum Regular
May 10, 2005, 03:14 PM

Hi all,
I own a canon i960 printer. I Love, I mean I LOVE this printer. Not a single problem in roughly a year and a half.

Here's my question: While the ink does last, I find replacement cartridges to be expensive and was wondering if anybody uses or has used those "canon compatible" cartridges you see for sale online. Like em? Hate em? I'd love some feedback.

Also, if anyone has found anyplace with a great deal on cartridges, please pass it on.

Thanks

Chito
Senior User
May 10, 2005, 05:29 PM

I've used and am using right now "compatible" cartridges in my i950. So far so good. Got them from InkDaddy. Some years back I did have problems using ink from Ink4Art with my old Epson 740. But I let it sit for a long while without printing....I think that was my real problem.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

itguy05
Forum Regular
May 11, 2005, 09:20 AM

I don't find $11 all that expensive especially considering how long the ink lasts on these printers. On my i960 I use genuine Canon all the time as I care about the quality and longevity of the prints.

On my i560 I've switched to generics from www.supermediastore.com and they look great. Colors look great - my only issue is with the black - it seems to not be as "shiny" as the Canon ink. But, it still prints great and at $2/cartridge I can't complain too much.

bbales
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by itguy05
I don't find $11 all that expensive especially considering how long the ink lasts on these printers. On my i960 I use genuine Canon all the time as I care about the quality and longevity of the prints.

On my i560 I've switched to generics from www.supermediastore.com and they look great. Colors look great - my only issue is with the black - it seems to not be as "shiny" as the Canon ink. But, it still prints great and at $2/cartridge I can't complain too much.

I also tend to stay with the genuine cartridges, as I always worry about the cheaper ones.

BUT -- happened to see the Canon ink you mention on amazon.com just yesterday on sale. I had JUST replenished my supply (Office Depot coupons, which saved me quite a bit) -- but I might still go back and get some for the future.

Forum Links
Forum Rules