Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Vodafone Connect Card

Vodafone Connect Card
PaperNotes
Dec 12, 2007, 10:26 AM

Anyone know if the UMTS Vodafone Connect Card (ExpressCard) or USB key works with Leopard?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2007, 02:44 PM

Can't guarantee 100% but I think so.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

pjosborne
Jan 3, 2008, 10:33 AM

I use vodafone's UMTS USB modem (the Huawei). On upgrading to Leopard the modem wouldn't work at all (no datacard detected). A leopard-compatible version of Vodafone's Mobile Connect software has been posted to their German site. The UK and other sites still only have the older (incompatible) version.
Peter Osborne
Small Fry Web Hosting

thefunkymunky
Jan 7, 2008, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by pjosborne View Post
I use vodafone's UMTS USB modem (the Huawei). On upgrading to Leopard the modem wouldn't work at all (no datacard detected). A leopard-compatible version of Vodafone's Mobile Connect software has been posted to their German site. The UK and other sites still only have the older (incompatible) version.
Link?
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

pjosborne
Jan 7, 2008, 06:14 AM

Can't remember where I originally downloaded it from, but here's a link to vodafone.de - Vodafon UMTS | Dashboard-Software f�r Apple-Notebooks - Hilfe & Support / Technischer Support / Mobile Connect Card UMTS / Dashboard-Software (Mac) vodafone.de

No mention is made of leopard, but the version no. and modification dates match mine. Quite why UK vodafone can't get their act together is a mystery

Good luck!
Peter Osborne
Small Fry Web Hosting

thefunkymunky
Jan 7, 2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by pjosborne View Post
Can't remember where I originally downloaded it from, but here's a link to vodafone.de - Vodafon UMTS | Dashboard-Software f�r Apple-Notebooks - Hilfe & Support / Technischer Support / Mobile Connect Card UMTS / Dashboard-Software (Mac) vodafone.de

No mention is made of leopard, but the version no. and modification dates match mine. Quite why UK vodafone can't get their act together is a mystery

Good luck!
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

Forum Links
Forum Rules