Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack for Pismo?

Backpack for Pismo?
bstone
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2002, 11:17 PM

I often carry around my Pismo and a few books and folders (school stuff). Does anyone know of a backpack like a regular school backpack which is made for the Pismo and can carry my stuff?

Thanks!
Brad

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2002, 11:21 PM

There isn't a backpack exclusively made for the Pismo, but I can recommend the Kensington SaddleBag and Targus notebook backpack. They're solid carrying cases that can accomodate your beloved Pismo.

mahoney2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2002, 10:54 AM

Why not just get a sleeve for it? The one i have is padded and fits perfectly in my bag w/ a few books.

bstone  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2002, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by mahoney2:
Why not just get a sleeve for it? The one i have is padded and fits perfectly in my bag w/ a few books.
I don't currently have a backpack, that's why

Davidarm
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2002, 08:31 PM

I use the Spire (www.spireusa.com) Zoom...I've had it for about 3 years now and it still works great under daily use...

Tom Bihn (www.tombihn.com) also makes great bags...my wife has one of his courier styles and she loves it...he even customized it for her while we waited at his store in Port Angeles!

David

Originally posted by bstone:

I don't currently have a backpack, that's why

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 11, 2002, 01:01 AM

I like my TiBag.
www.tibag.com

works well for lombard / pismo type laptops.

look at bagreview.com for more ideas.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Kristoff
Mac Elite
Oct 11, 2002, 01:32 AM

I have used a Kensington saddle bag for 2.5 years and I really like it. It has kept my Pismo pristine and has plenty of room.
signatures are a waste of bandwidth
especially ones with political tripe in them.

aktive
Oct 13, 2002, 03:58 PM

I have just recently bought the Spire Icon, which is specifically made for the Titanium Powerbook, but I'm sure would fit the Pismo.

I live in the UK, so I was a bit wary about ordering from overseas. However, I was extremely impressed, I ordered the bag over the web, from Spire's website, on Sunday evening anf by Wednesday lunch I had the bag in my hands. Very quick!

The bag itself is amazing, from the outside it just looks like a stylish backpack, it has loads of pockets. The laptop itself goes in an extremely padded sleeve in the back of the backpack - very protected.

Top marks, for Spire and the Icon!!!

Aktive
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do."

poocat
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2002, 03:24 AM

spire does make bags specifically for the pismo (or at least they did when the pismo was being sold) and they were/are great. i've got an atom and HIGHLY recommend their stuff. serious, high-durability and designed for your mac. that's what i'm talking about.

poocat.

CoryB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 17, 2002, 09:42 AM

Aktive,

Glad you like the Icon! It is a bit narrow for the Pismo, though - it would fit in the Zoom or Zoom XL perfectly. As a matter of fact, the Zoom/Zoom XL bags were designed around a Pismo shell.

Take care,

Cory

xmishx
Nov 2, 2002, 12:49 AM

I've got the Targus, which has plenty of room for my Lombard and lots of other stuff! Nice and comfortable and about $100. I really like those Spires though!

X

rambo47
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2002, 12:11 PM

OK, my suggestion is a bit "out there", but I love these things. How about the Boblbee? Definitely a looker, strong, weatherproof, and room for extra stuff.

Danni
Nov 2, 2002, 12:52 PM

This is another vote for the Kensington SaddleBag. I have had one for 4 years and they hold up wonderfully well. The one time that a rivet broke, Kensington honoured the lifetime warranty and replaced it promptly. I used it for my Wallstreet when I had one and now I still use it with a Tom Bihn Miter Sleeve for my PB G4.

Danni

bstone  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2002, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by xmishx:
I've got the Targus, which has plenty of room for my Lombard and lots of other stuff! Nice and comfortable and about $100. I really like those Spires though!

X
Which is what I got fot $69.99 and I really like it! Nice, comfortable and keeps the Pismo in a good condition.

Thanks guys!

Forum Links
Forum Rules