Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Giving Apple Feedback.

Giving Apple Feedback.
headbirth
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2004, 09:40 PM

Should we even bother giving Apple feedback on OSX? Do they even bother reading the suggestions and comments users voice?

It does take thought and effort on our part ... do you think it's a waste of time?

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2004, 09:45 PM

Well from what i just heard, they took lots and lots of notice, and noted everything down when given feedback in WWDC. As long as you word it well, and dont just go on a rant i think they do read it, and scan it all.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2004, 09:45 PM

of course they do, especially if it is written in a contructive manner. many things got changed because of user feedback - remember the apple logo in the middle of the menu bar that did nothing?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2004, 10:29 PM

I can't remember now what it was I told them about but the next revision of OS X included my request. I like to think my feedback was what motivated them to make the change.

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2004, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
of course they do, especially if it is written in a contructive manner. many things got changed because of user feedback - remember the apple logo in the middle of the menu bar that did nothing?
Ah yes, the Apple in the middle of the menu bar. How quaint it was. How frustrating when you have an app that used more than half the screen real estate of menus. It was cute, but so damn useless.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by msuper69:
I can't remember now what it was I told them about but the next revision of OS X included my request. I like to think my feedback was what motivated them to make the change.

Same here. At least 3 of my requests ended up in future versions. The only feature I can remember asking is for iPhoto to keep the original file names of pictures. My digicam won't read pictures unless they're in it's dscnxxxx format, and iPhoto used to change the file names to suit itself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules