Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Where is Safari's blue globe site icon????

Where is Safari's blue globe site icon????
mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2007, 10:23 AM

This hardly seems worth an entire thread but, since this forum is totally dead, what the heck.

I disabled Safari's database of web site icons with Tinkertool but the tiny default blue globe one still remains in the location window and in the bookmarks menu and window next to every single site. Seeing that blue globe repeated a thousand times is almost worse than the awful pile of actual site icons that I got rid of. Where is that blue globe so that I can either make it gray or white or delete it entirely. I've been looking for a long time and am finally so desperate I'm making a whole thread about it! Help me find it!

P.S. I am not talking about Safari itself's blue compass icon.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2007, 02:43 PM

System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/ToolbarSitesFolderIcon.icns

Try that.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2007, 02:57 PM

I was wrong before. Try here: System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/url_icon.tiff

mrtew  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2007, 12:25 AM

That sure looks like it but changing it didn't affect it's appearance in Safari even after a restart. Any other ideas anyone?

mrtew  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2008, 10:20 PM

Still looking for info on this two three months later! Can't find one stinking little blue globe icon gif or whatever it is! Grrrrrrrr. The Mac GUI community is stumped.

Forum Links
Forum Rules