Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > To buy or not to buy...

To buy or not to buy...
kw14
Apr 29, 2005, 01:44 PM

All care to weigh in? Seems like an unasked but necessary question.

Too late for me though. Just ordered this morning before reading all the complaints in the bug thread. Now I am concern whether to load it or not...Can't afford my machine to be out of commission.

Small rule: Base rec on overall impression and showstoppers. Don't say no because you are annoyed that widget should be on left as oppose to right, etc.

osxisfun
Apr 29, 2005, 01:49 PM

only after you install will you know the answer.

do an archive and inall in case things go bad

mrgaskell
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 01:54 PM

I installed it last week on my PB G4. It was really slow at first, but after Spotlight finsihed indexing my drives, then it was fine. Only two issues right now: Dashboard has to wait a second or two to re-populate widget data and Spotlight indexes EVERY drive so if you connect a new external drive or iPod, it begins indexing and that slows the system WAY down.

Overall, it frickin' rocks. Spotlight is the best thing since the mouse in my opinion. You don't have to organize any more because it indexes on the fly and it gets smarter over time.
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

Forum Links
Forum Rules