Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ocarina of Time: Master Quest

Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 02:50 PM

Anyone play this on the bonus disc yet? I should get mine tomorrow according to the UPS tracking site. Just wondering what 'challenges' make it more difficult than Ocarina of Time?
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 02:56 PM

i am playing it currently... havent had much time so i am only to the third spiritual stone...

the main changes are in the layout of the dungeons (sort of) and the puzzles within

the bosses and the order you have to do things in the game is still the same but sometimes you find yourself stuck cause the path through the dungeon isnt as obvious as it was before.

that and they didnt change the screen to show that the c buttons were replaced with a c stick

phang

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2003, 02:56 PM

I heard that they moved some stuffs around and one new dungeon. That's it, I guess.

I should get mine anytime this week or next week

OptimusG4  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Phanguye:
i am playing it currently... havent had much time so i am only to the third spiritual stone...

the main changes are in the layout of the dungeons (sort of) and the puzzles within

the bosses and the order you have to do things in the game is still the same but sometimes you find yourself stuck cause the path through the dungeon isnt as obvious as it was before.

that and they didnt change the screen to show that the c buttons were replaced with a c stick

phang
Thanks. I was hoping for more but I guess that will do. *sigh* You would think they would've fixed the controls at least.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2003, 03:43 PM

phang
you dont use the C stick to swing a deku stick or whatever, do you?

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 03:53 PM

I used a walkthrough on the N64 version of "Ocarina Of Time" and it STILL took forever to play through to the end. Man, how do kids do it?

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2003, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by GoGoReggieXPowars:
I used a walkthrough on the N64 version of "Ocarina Of Time" and it STILL took forever to play through to the end. Man, how do kids do it?
they have nothing else to do. no job, no life, no nothing. Just get to play games all day....I miss those days...
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
I miss those days...
Right, how much sex, booze and weed we're you doing as a kid?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2003, 05:12 PM

My local GameStop said I can get it the 12th, so I'll have it then.

How's the framerate? Did they keep the cap, or let it run at a full 60? The N64 one was capped at 20, to keep a steady rate, of course. If it is at 60, how's it look and play? I was gueesing it would feel weird playing it at 60, but it would be awesome. Can't wait.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2003, 05:13 PM

It comes with 2 disks right? One is Ocarina and what is the other?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
you dont use the C stick to swing a deku stick or whatever, do you?
yea you do... the controls are kinda akward and they seem to have reversed the sword and action button so that is kinda weird

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2003, 05:15 PM

I believe it is just one disk with both games on it. Ocarina of Time and Master Quest (which is Ocarina of Time with modified dungeons, what would have been the 64DD game, I believe).

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
It comes with 2 disks right? One is Ocarina and what is the other?
[edit] yea like mindfad said... one disk [/edit]

also i am not sure about the framerate... it seems pretty identical to the graphics on the 64 so no noticable change there

also i am now in the fish's belly... i have seen a couple of new ways that you solve puzzles and the new layouts of the dungeons are either very different(in some parts) or exact in others

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2003, 05:18 PM

yea you do... the controls are kinda akward and they seem to have reversed the sword and action button so that is kinda weird
wow. thats really weird. do the X or Y buttons do anything then?

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2003, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
wow. thats really weird. do the X or Y buttons do anything then?
i did some research... evidently the x,y,z buttons can be substituted for the c stick but then they are kinda inversed.... b is sword, a is action and L is used for targeting

another thing that bothers me is it takes much longer to save on the cube then on 64

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2003, 05:27 PM

i did some research... evidently the x,y,z buttons can be substituted for the c stick but then they are kinda inversed.... b is sword, a is action and L is used for targeting

another thing that bothers me is it takes much longer to save on the cube then on 64
Well, that's cool, I guess.

And it does have to write to a memory card instead of internal cartridge battery memory, so I imagine would take maybe a second or two. No biggy. Come on, 12th.

Forum Links
Forum Rules