Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > cache problem or am i just crazy?

cache problem or am i just crazy?
OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 05:15 PM

www.timsworks.com

www.timsworks.com/forum

Nothing special, it should have a coming soon page there. Now my problem is that on my machine running Panther 10.3.2 with Safari 1.1.1 and Mozilla Firebird (latest nightly) I get some sort of CPanel splash page. If anyone can see my coming soon page, please let me know. Also, I get a 404 error on my forums page when the directory and files show up in transmit. I ran cocktail to delete all the cache files, restarted and nothing so I'm wondering whats wrong here. I emailed tech support through my hosting company and they can see my page. Thanks in advance.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 27, 2003, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
www.timsworks.com

www.timsworks.com/forum

Nothing special, it should have a coming soon page there. Now my problem is that on my machine running Panther 10.3.2 with Safari 1.1.1 and Mozilla Firebird (latest nightly) I get some sort of CPanel splash page. If anyone can see my coming soon page, please let me know. Also, I get a 404 error on my forums page when the directory and files show up in transmit. I ran cocktail to delete all the cache files, restarted and nothing so I'm wondering whats wrong here. I emailed tech support through my hosting company and they can see my page. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a server-side problem. I get the same pages you mentioned.

Have you used CPanel to configure your site? The reason for the forum error message (getting the 404 error for the error page!) is that CPanel is set up so you can customise those error messages to suit your needs. In Transmit, you should be able to see a '.htaccess' file in the root directory - what do the contents of that read?

Did you put all the files into the 'www' folder (or htdocs, or whatever CPanel calls it)? Sorry to ask a stupid question, but sometimes these problems have stupid solutions!
Computer thez nohhh...

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 08:40 PM

Works for me! I see a page that says 'coming soon' and an empty forum.

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 28, 2003, 04:13 AM

removing old things...
( Last edited by wang_himself; Dec 19, 2014 at 08:17 PM. )
/hi

OptimusG4  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 11:00 AM

Well at work using IE 6 I can see the pages fine but earlier this morning at home on Safari and Firebird I still get that error. Oh well, guess I'll have to look into it more. Anyone else get the error on Safari?
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

Forum Links
Forum Rules