Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.1 User Pics

10.1 User Pics
OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2005, 05:45 PM

Is there by any chance someone browsing these forums is still running 10.1? I'm looking to obtain the monkey pic that is in there, and have been unable to locate it recently. Thanks in advance.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

OreoCookie
Mar 30, 2005, 05:59 PM

Monkey pic??
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 30, 2005, 06:08 PM

I think he's referring to a user picture that looks like a monkey.

If you still have your 10.1 disk, you can probably find the picture on there.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 30, 2005, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
Is there by any chance someone browsing these forums is still running 10.1? I'm looking to obtain the monkey pic that is in there, and have been unable to locate it recently. Thanks in advance.
Not browsing in 10.1, no, for that would be foolish old. However, I do still have the restore CDs that came with my iBook and they are from October 2001, so you are in luck.

Download Monkeys!

I've included a cropped version, as well as the original, as the hideous amount of shadow doesn't really fit in with the look of 10.3. However, to use either, I recommend putting them in /Library/User Pictures/. Doing this will make them show up in System Preferences and also make sure that OS X will know to use the transparent parts of the image, and not draw foolish white borders around everything.

Please let me know when you have downloaded the file, that I might delete it from my server.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Mar 30, 2005, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by megasad:
Please let me know when you have downloaded the file, that I might delete it from my server.
That ~17Kb file taking too much space for you?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 30, 2005, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
That ~17Kb file taking too much space for you?
No, it is more that I do not wish to rankle the mean Apple, with the redistributing of their intellectual property...
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

OptimusG4  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2005, 09:05 PM

I got it, thank you And to everyone else, thanks for the help. Unfortunately I did not have 10.1 on CD so I could not pull it off anyhow.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 10:01 AM

Since you took it down already, how do I find the pictures on my 10.1 disks? Also, is there a place on the web that has pictures this size that I could add?
Thanks

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2005, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by megasad:
No, it is more that I do not wish to rankle the mean Apple, with the redistributing of their intellectual property...
It is probably taken from a set of royalty-free images anyway. Remember the big hoopla about Microsoft using the same duck? Both Microsoft and Apple probably got it from the same source.

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by Person Man:
It is probably taken from a set of royalty-free images anyway. Remember the big hoopla about Microsoft using the same duck? Both Microsoft and Apple probably got it from the same source.
Probably. I was joking, hence the ellipses... Not a good joke, to be sure, so I shall stop it now.

Originally posted by zeebe:
Since you took it down already, how do I find the pictures on my 10.1 disks? Also, is there a place on the web that has pictures this size that I could add?
Thanks
Put the OS X 10.1 CD in your computer, go to Mac OS X Install CD/System/Installation/Packages/ and open Essentials.pkg with Pacifist. Go to /Library/User Pictures/ within said package and there they are.

As for websites that might have pictures, I do not know of any, but how hard is it to crop your own out of any photos you find anywhere, using Preview if you must?

Forum Links
Forum Rules