Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Shinza.com: how long does it take them to ship a sleeve to Canada??

Shinza.com: how long does it take them to ship a sleeve to Canada??
Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 22, 2003, 02:18 PM

It's been three weeks and I still haven't received my order!

I had them ship the PB sleeve to Canada via usps because I didn't want to deal with UPS. I didn't think I'd have anything to worry about since I've successfully imported items from the States before with USPS.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if they really did send it because they initially had it sent by ups until I emailed them (minutes after they shipped it) and told them they made a mistake. They of course said they'll resend it, but the guy made it sound like it was a big hassle. Here's the jist of his email: it'll take a couple of days for us to do the paper work; there's no tracking so it may get lost in the mail - it has never happened before, but "you never know...". I didn't like the "you never know" part

What do you think? How much longer should I wait before I start emailing them and, if I have to, my credit card company?

stotan
Oct 22, 2003, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by Rain:
It's been three weeks and I still haven't received my order!

I had them ship the PB sleeve to Canada via usps because I didn't want to deal with UPS. I didn't think I'd have anything to worry about since I've successfully imported items from the States before with USPS.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if they really did send it because they initially had it sent by ups until I emailed them (minutes after they shipped it) and told them they made a mistake. They of course said they'll resend it, but the guy made it sound like it was a big hassle. Here's the jist of his email: it'll take a couple of days for us to do the paper work; there's no tracking so it may get lost in the mail - it has never happened before, but "you never know...". I didn't like the "you never know" part

What do you think? How much longer should I wait before I start emailing them and, if I have to, my credit card company?
Smart move on not using UPS ground to ship to canada. UPS Air is fine on expensive stuff... As for USPS, it should take 2 weeks max from my experience for shipping to Calgary. They do have tracking for USPS mail if you get them to send it priority! I don't know what you can really do but wait it out a bit longer

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 22, 2003, 08:18 PM

United States Postal Service to Canada ... how? They just throw it off Niagara Falls? That's what that guy was doing?

HWMO: 2.5gHz DP G5, 1.25 gHz 15" AL PB, 1st Gen iPod, Shuffle
SWMBO: 0.8 gHz 15" FP iMac, 0.5 gHz iBook, 3rd Gen iPod, Shuffle

n_lim
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2003, 08:54 PM

Have you tried contacting them? Do they give tracking numbers for the shipment? I would e-mail then asap, no sense in fretting over it when the answer is just a phone call or an e-mail away. It took a bit longer than I thought it would to receive mine, although I guess that may be because it came from cali to ny. I think it took about a week and a half.

Good luck, its a awesome sleeve (I am assuming you bought the zeroshock).
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

stotan
Oct 22, 2003, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by mainemanx:
United States Postal Service to Canada ... how? They just throw it off Niagara Falls? That's what that guy was doing?

uhh like all mail that leaves the states it gets sent to the postal service of the country it is going to and they do the rest

or in the case of using USPS priority mail, they actually use purlator courier service to send stuff

or are u just being sarcastic?

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2003, 12:20 AM

... or are u just being sarcastic?
Just being silly ... but I really did think Shinza shipped directly from Japan.

Regardless, had I not already bought an inCase, I definitely would have gone for the Shinza for my 15" AL ...
( Last edited by mainemanx; Oct 23, 2003 at 08:47 AM. )
HWMO: 2.5gHz DP G5, 1.25 gHz 15" AL PB, 1st Gen iPod, Shuffle
SWMBO: 0.8 gHz 15" FP iMac, 0.5 gHz iBook, 3rd Gen iPod, Shuffle

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2003, 12:25 AM

I have two Shinza Zeroshocks now, for my Powerbook and the iBook. They shipped promptly, and emailed me within a couple hours of my first order to clarify a question about my address.

Don't know about Canada, though, sorry!

Rain  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2003, 01:42 PM

Threw it over Niagara Falls

Okay, I emailed them and they said they'll send me another one if I pay for shipping (another $9-$12).

Should I? *sigh* I should've just let them send it by ups - with the additional $12, I would've paid the same amount (brokerage fee included) but would've gotten it two weeks ago

What's the credit card policy for undelivered items? anyone know?

UPDATE (if anyone's interested): I coughed up the extra dough. It's funny, I checked their site and now they're offering USPS Global Express (EMS) instead of USPS regular air mail ($17 vs $9). Hmm. Might my shipping woe have benefited future customers and Shinza? You're welcome
( Last edited by Rain; Oct 23, 2003 at 02:46 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules