Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Odd sleep problem

Odd sleep problem
Jeff Edsell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2001, 12:07 PM

Rev. B iMac runnning 9.1.

Turn it on, use it, put it to sleep, wake it up, use it some more, try to put it to sleep again...

...and it hangs. I can get it back by doing a force-quit of the Finder, but it still won't sleep. I have to Shut Down or Restart.

The weird thing is, it only happens the SECOND time I try to put it to sleep.

Anyone?

Thanks,

JEff

joeyzr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2001, 03:27 PM

It will take some trouble-shooting on your part, but most sleep related problems originate from Apple's USB implementation. Some USB peripheral you may using is likely causing it, even if the peripheral works fine. You should try restarting your iMac with only the base OS extensions, then slowly turn them onm restarting each time, until you find the culprit.

Or you can do as I have done, live with the sleep problems. My iMac won't sleep on its own, and never has since I upgraded to OS 9.
joeyzr

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2001, 09:38 PM

Do you have EnterNet 300 installed on your iMac? EnterNet has problems if your computer goes to sleep when you're connected online. The only way around this is to disconnect from your DSL session and then put the computer to sleep.

[This message has been edited by Stogieman (edited 04-04-2001).]

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules