Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Final Cut Pro Missing System ID File

Final Cut Pro Missing System ID File
wookeez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2002, 11:13 AM

I have Final Cut Pro 3, but when I try and open it it says that I am missing a system id file. Anyone know how to fix this or what I can do here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bh

jac
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2002, 11:39 AM

Simple: delete program and reinstall from the original CD. Be careful not to scratch the CD with that hook you have for a hand.

wookeez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2002, 11:55 AM

Hey...JAC-OFF I don't have the original CD smartguy!

a-poria
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2002, 12:11 PM

apparently a hidden file on the fcp cd is not included when copying the original. this is how apple deters the pirating of fcp. i have personally not experienced this as i don't need fcp, though it is the story i heard being passed around on carracho. so how is that you do not have the original fcp cd? you do know that there is a rule on macnn against discussions of pirated s/w?

jac
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2002, 12:28 PM

A bit testy aren't we? Anyhoo, go here to find some help with your problems. Or here.

wookeez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2002, 02:35 PM

Thanks Senior Member MacNN Pirated Software Security Guard, my original disc is damaged and what I have is not working, that is the problem, somehow messed up when I upgraded to OSX a while back and hasn't worked yet.

Thanks

a-poria
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2002, 04:55 PM

call apple, give your serial no. for fcp and ask to have your original cd replaced. you might even need to send them your damaged copy. by the way, if you read my post, i did ask why you do not any longer have your original cd, and thus i did not jump to the conclusion that you had pirated it

jac
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2002, 04:58 PM

Sarcasm aside you should contact Apple about your damaged disc to get a replacement. You'll need it to upgrade FCP with the patches coming out (and to reinstall on future machines).
Nice parrot, BTW.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 11, 2002, 09:55 PM

I think piracy should be discussed more often on this board! This thread is hilarious!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2002, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
I think piracy should be discussed more often on this board! This thread is hilarious!

pirates wear parrots

what do software pirates where?

restbeckett
Dec 12, 2002, 04:25 AM

Delete ALL traces of previous installations of FCP on your HD. I cannot stress enough how critical this is.

Now try installing again.

wookeez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2002, 11:40 AM

Thanks for all the help and suggestions to all. As a kind jesture I have created a special little something for you go to show my appreciation, and no it's not a booby trap like Jac tried to get me with earlier in this thread.PEACE,

Wookeez will rule the earth one day...you'll see......click here for my appreciation!

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 14, 2002, 06:26 AM

There are lots of sites that can help you get the most out of your pirated software. This isn't one of them. Best of luck and what not.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules