Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Gateway LCD and Powerbook g4 problem

Gateway LCD and Powerbook g4 problem
spiney
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 21, 2003, 11:49 PM

Hi all,

I have a powerbook g4 800 that I'm trying to connect to a gateway flat panel monitor gateway fpd 1500. The monitor has only a digital connection that matches the apple DVI port on the back of the powerbook exactly. But when I attach the monitor the powerbook acts as if it recognizes something has been plugged in, but I get no picture on the LCD.

Has anyone had any luck with one of these?

Thanks

exa
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2003, 05:13 PM

Have you tried sleeping/shutting down the powerbook and waking/starting it up with the monitor connected?

spiney  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 22, 2003, 11:10 PM

Yea, and no difference, I also hit recognize displays in the system panel. Whenever the laptop probes the video port it acts like it hangs for about 20 seconds, then the screen flashes all blue and back, but no response on the monitor.

Forum Links
Forum Rules