Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iTunes remote app will NOT connect anymore

iTunes remote app will NOT connect anymore
silverflyer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 30, 2009, 10:31 PM

It did, in the past, but now it will not.

Nothing has changed other than apple updates to iTunes and the iTunes Remote app.

Does anyone know of a fix?
Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.2ghz, 4gb ram, 4x 1 Terabyte hdd's, 8800GT, 30inch Samsung display running OSX Leopard Server
15 inch Macbook Pro Unibody and Apple 24 inch LED Display.

dpicardi
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2009, 01:33 PM

I have not installed 2.2.1 on the iphone yet. Sounds like there are some issues. Did you fix this yet? I have had this happen once before. If you are still having problems let me know by shooting me an email.

silverflyer  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 6, 2009, 03:02 PM

No, still have not been able to fix this yet, and it is very frustrating, I had my entire audio system based on the fact that the mini I have acting as my music server did not need a screen attached because I could control itunes with the remote.

ok, I got it to connect, here is what I did.

I went to the mac mini, turned on the TV that acts as its screen and went to iTunes preferences, told it to forget all remotes, turned off the option to look for iPhone remotes, and shut down iTunes. I then restarted it and told it to look again, opened the remote app on my phone and it appeared and connected when I entered the code. I can now listen to music again without going back to the mini every-time I want to listen to a new album.
( Last edited by silverflyer; Feb 6, 2009 at 03:22 PM. )
Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.2ghz, 4gb ram, 4x 1 Terabyte hdd's, 8800GT, 30inch Samsung display running OSX Leopard Server

silverflyer  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 6, 2009, 04:47 PM

Ok, stopped working again...

If I have to go through the above procedure everytime I want to play music, this will not work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules