Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > mmm beer.

mmm beer.
scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2001, 09:42 PM

damn straight, homer.

im actually a relatively new re-convert to beer. for about 10 years i didnt drink at all (from about 19 til 28), but recently decided to pick up a few to see if i was missing what i thought i was missing, anyways, a different sort of self realization occurred and damnit i like beer. i dont drink budweiser or any of that crap, just fancy schmancy beers. the one im drinking right now and what inspired me to poll my macnn brethren is sam adams cherry wheat. very very tasty beer with a nice hint of cherry that hits your tongue in a way youd never expect.

other beers ive tried recently..

red stripe
bell's oberon (kalamazoo local beer)
petes summer brew (hint of lemon, very tasty)
some other red beer from a local brewery in michigan
guiness
i think thats it.

anyone got a favorite beer? oh chef maxelson?

Cipher13
Oct 27, 2001, 10:26 PM

Favourites? Hm, well, I'm not extremely cultured when it comes to beer - I'll take a Crown Lager any day, over most things... then you've got Guiness, and theres this one other... I can't think of the name right now...

I also like VB, but can't drink much of it since that night I drank half a case... along with vodka, and so forth...

fobside
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2001, 10:32 PM

most beers are just too bitter for my palette. it depends on what im eating tho. guiness is not one of my favorite beers. my roommate likes it but i think it smells like piss. im not much of a drinker actually. ill drink when i go out with friends sometimes. sometimes i drink when im alone. other times i drink when i need an "eye opener" in the morning. oh wait, that makes me an alcoholic huh? i do like the taste of alcohol tho. it gives drinks a little more kick.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 27, 2001, 10:36 PM

hey cipher, i drank a shed load of crownies when i was down your way, earlier this year. vb too. not bad!

in india, kingfisher is, as the label says "the king of good times!" and it certainly was.

american drinking has to be budweiser. all the others were either overpriced english beers, or pissy watered-down stuff. a pitcher of bud for $6 is good going by my wallet.

when back in england though, i prefer to drink either stella artois or guinness

this is a beer thread, so i won't mention stolichnaya or bacardi.

...doh!
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 27, 2001, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
<STRONG>bell's oberon (kalamazoo local beer)</STRONG>
heh! i used to be in a band called oberon! if you wait long enough, k-mart will post the picture here, from my site

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Oct 27, 2001, 10:39 PM

I regularly just drink cheap beer. Bud Light is my normal "get ripped" brew of choice.

On holidays and certain special occasions I'll go for the more 'spensive stuff

My two Favorite "fancy schmancy" beers are:

Bass Ale (really love the stuff)

Newcastle (that's more on a personal note since my late father was born in Newcastle England)

A guy I used to work with tended bar at a local North Jersey area restaurant where they also micro-brewed thier own brand of beer/ale. He got me a few free 2 quart bottles of the stuff. It was called "Ruffian" and there were a few variants of it. Quite good but hard to find in local stores.

There's a few I'll take but won't go "out of my way for"

Sam Adams
Heinekin
Killians Red

Ones I don't like or absolutely hate:

Corona (from what I understand it's considerred worse than Bud or Coors in Mexico)
Coors (too foamy/watery)
Guinness (yep I know, I know, but the stuff's just too strong. It's a little too bitter for my taste as-well)

But as I've said, when it's just me kicking back alone at home on the weekend. I just need a good cheap buzz. So it's generally Bud Light. Which incidentally produces no hangover whatsover for me.

Been ages since I had an actual "hangover". maybe I just drink so much my tolerance is super high

&lt;burp&gt;

Mike

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 27, 2001, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by MikeM32:
<STRONG>Newcastle (that's more on a personal note since my late father was born in Newcastle England)</STRONG>
mike, i've drunk that brown gear for half my life now, but only ever out of bottles. until... i was in america. you guys have it on tap there! we don't even have that over here! weird...

oh, no hangover? i think there's an equation here somewhere, involving Bud "light"

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2001, 12:45 AM

Top 5 beers

5. Bud Light (perfect for chugging, funneling, shotguning, etc...)
4. Pete's Summer Brew (though I can usually only stand a few)
3. Buzzard's Bay IPA (local beer)
2. Sam Adams
and the number one beer

(drumroll please)

Harpoon IPA, I can drink these things till the cows come home, YUM!

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: sek929 ]

RWoelk
Senior User
Oct 28, 2001, 02:29 AM

Sorry, try as I may. I have never acquired a taste for beer... any beer including the expensive foreign brews. In short, it all taste like shite to me.

Give me a glistening tall dry vodka martini any day or a nice hand-warmed cognac on those blustery cold winter nights.

Think I'll have a go at one now. Can you guess which?

Sven G
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2001, 05:14 AM

Beer is somewhat like the divine ambrosia, IMHO...

Personally, I very much like German and Danish beers - but even the most "commercial" ones are quite acceptable, at least in everyday situations.

BTW, some good strong ales - only exceptionally, of course: one time, after drinking two bottles of strong ale ('cause I was really thirsty), I went to theatre with a girlfriend of mine, and literally saw "two performances at the price of one"! - are the Danish Ceres Strong Ale and the French (or Belgian...? Don't remember exactly...) La biere du demon (la biere la plus forte du monde!) (respectively 7� and 12�, if I'm not mistaken).

It's also curious and interesting to see how the English words beer and ale reflect themselves in other languages: for example, in Germany they call beer Bier, while in Scandinavian languages they call it �l or �l (in German, on the other hand "�l" means "oil"!); anyway, many European languages use something "beer"-like ("birra", "biere", ...; a notable exception is the Spanish "cerveza", BTW...).

Anyway, beer really opens your mind (if used moderately, of course)...

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Sven G ]

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 28, 2001, 05:36 AM

smooth.. a beer thread.... after my choice brews are listed, I'll give a lil glimpse of what I did this evening...

hmm... do they have to be in order???

1.New Castle --damn straight, best beer 'round tap or bottle

2.Heineken --eh, I enjoy it thoroughly

3.Corona -- I'm in Miami, it's sunny, generally hotter than piss outside, and a good light colored beer with a lime in it suites me well...

4.Amstel/Budweiser/and others.... good for just 'drinkin'

Of course, I enjoy other beers heavily... Tucher Weissen, Hurricane Reef Rasberry Wheat(mmmm..)... but ... I'm drunk.... oh...

tonight, Otis52(macnn member name ) and myself attended a Halloween party... then went to see our friend spinnin' hip hop at a local bar..

while at the party, I had, from the bottle, Everclear Grain Alcohol, and Jim Beam whiskey.... heavily intoxicated... oh, and prolly 10+ beers of various Nationalities...

pics to follow... perhaps their own thread...

oh, did I mention there were ultra hotties everywhere?

g'night

^_^
ice

tinrib
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2001, 06:12 AM

In England, Guinness. Sometimes Boddingtons, Stella, Holsten Pils. When I'm out at some full on dub night smoking ganja, it's Red Stripe all the way (some places don't sell anything else). Out here in Oz I've had a few new beers...VB is pretty good - Boags/Cascade both nice beers. Toohey's New sucks. I lived in Austria for a bit and drank Stiegl - that was good.

DocWest
Senior User
Oct 28, 2001, 07:47 AM

yes...VB all the way.
and Crown is good, if you have expensive taste.

n1ce
Oct 28, 2001, 08:44 AM

Gotta be ice cold Stella

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 28, 2001, 08:55 AM

hey n1ce, where abouts in devon are you? are you familiar with a local cider called Cripple **** ? sheesh! that stuff is rocket fuel!

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2001, 09:49 AM

McEwan's Scotch Ale. Best beer in the world.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2001, 02:09 PM

Where are all the beer guzzling Canadians singing the praises of our beer? Here is Quebec there are a ton of smaller breweries that compete with the big boys Labatt, Molson.

Top 3 favorites
1) Sleeman's honey brown (quebec beer)
2) Guiness
3) Pilsner with the rabbit on the can (jk)

Bud is swill

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2001, 02:26 PM

Any other US pacific northwesterners here?

El-cheapo Beer: Henry's Dark
Slumming with Chums: Bud Light (the least evil of the evil beers)Good Quality: Moose Drool
Best of Breed: The stout at Desert Edge Pub in Trolley Square (Salt Lake City) --- mmmm nitrogen goodness; a beer milkshake if there ever was one

Joshua
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2001, 03:10 PM

Ahh, a topic I can warm up to.

Guinness, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat & Cream Stout, Bass, Harp, Warsteiner, and Blue Moon are my recent favorites. They've been in heavy rotation. Most any decent German HefeWeizen ranks up there as well.

Killians Irish Red, Killarney's, Pete's Wicked Ale, Tecate, Leinenkugels Red, and Tequiza are all pretty good. Definitely take a back seat to the above, though.

The recent woudln't touch with a ten foot pole award goes to any and all of the St. Pauli Girl varients. Bllleeeech.
Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

n1ce
Oct 28, 2001, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:
<STRONG>hey n1ce, where abouts in devon are you? are you familiar with a local cider called Cripple **** ? sheesh! that stuff is rocket fuel! </STRONG>
nah I can't even look at cider these days (15 years old, casualty, very ill). Cripple **** sounds good though!

cla214
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2001, 09:07 PM

Back home (Boston, MA) I have few favorites, Bud Light to get trashed, Corona when girls are over, Heineken on occasion. But I've been down in Australia recently, and I gotta say, the beer here is mighty good. I love Crown Lager (expensive, but not with the USD/AUD exchange rate) and also XXXX. VB is a good beer to get trashed on, though it's far better tasting than Bud Light.
I've got a few more months down here, and I'm not sure how I'll tolerate the beer back home...

cla214

------
livin' it up, Sydney style

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2001, 09:31 PM

Beer, is icky. It's bitter and foamy, which makes me unhappy. *note* only had cheap ass crap, 'cuz it's cheap, and we're broke. I did have a smirnoff's Ice someone bought at one point, and that was good **** . Little alcoholic taste, no carbination...
I'm a hard alcohol type o person, though... it's all about Jack Daniels, and Johnny Walker Black Label. Wild Turkey is good too, and Vodka is tolerable. Avoid Seagrams V0 Whiskey at all costs!!! It tastes, smells and behaves just like paint thinner!! blech!
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2001, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by tinrib:
<STRONG>Sometimes Boddingtons.</STRONG>
Ahhh.. Boddingtons... my latest favorite!

An Irish pub down here in FL has it on tap - I get it by the pint once every week or so.

Best beer I ever had?

Guiness Cream Stout (not the regular Guiness which is pretty good though). Dark but super-smooth.

mikithecrackhead
Senior User
Oct 28, 2001, 10:39 PM

mmmmmmbeer! my favorite subject! My favorite: Guinness, Sierra Nevada pale ale ( my absolute favorite)
I would love to try a brew from michigan, kalamazoo. how is it?

Harpoon IPA, I can drink these things till the cows come home, YUM!
mee too those are yummy, you have good taste

In England, Guinness. Sometimes Boddingtons
Boddingtons I thought that was an american gimmick to get us to drink new specialty brew. I liked it how do you folks overseas like it. There are not too many stores or bars that carry it, but I like boddington, for a light beer.
Some of my favorite beer comes from my local brewery: Northampton brewery, but hey, I just like beer.......gotta go....I'm getting thirsty........
At least at the Asylum, they treat me with respect.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 29, 2001, 01:09 AM

"Does whisky count as beer?"

RWoelk and Cheerios, I like your style! If either of you are ever up in the Berkeley/Oakland area when I'm home or the Minneapolis/St. Paul area when I'm at school I'll have to buy you a drink. Well... I'll pay, but someone else will have to buy. (Unless you're up for a Black Russian, 'cause I've always got vodka and kahlua )

nick h
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2001, 01:09 AM

For me, it's a draw between...

Abita Amber
Rolling Rock
Dixie

Enjoy.

-Nick
Roam: iBook (Dual USB) ~ 600Mhz, 384MB, 15GB, DVD, 12.1", OS X

tinrib
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2001, 01:56 AM

Originally posted by mikithecrackhead:
<STRONG>Boddingtons I thought that was an american gimmick to get us to drink new specialty brew. I liked it how do you folks overseas like it. There are not too many stores or bars that carry it, but I like boddington, for a light beer.</STRONG>
american gimmick? it's the cream of manchester!

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2001, 09:20 AM

Sam Adams. Best Beer in America. The bottle says so.
Honestly, I buy lots of different types of beer. All makes and models. Lager to triple bock. 9 times out of 10, when I get back to Sam Adams, I ask myself, "why did I bother"? Although, I will say Guinness makes me pretty damned happy.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

marusin
Senior User
Oct 29, 2001, 10:57 AM

Well, I just got back from Dublin two weeks ago, so I have to say Guinness is right up there (I've always been a fan, but after the StoreHouse Tour you just appreciate it that much more!)..

I've also been a fan of Newcastle of late (as many of you have mentioned).. In the fridge I always have Coors Light when I just want a lager that isn't too heavy.. Out of the "cheap" American-made beer, it's gotta be my favorite...

I would have to say though that my favorite brews are the following... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Magic Hat #9 (brewed in Burlington, VT)... All of the Magic Hat line is fantastic but unfortunately you cannot get it outside of New England... I've been known to fill up my car with cases of it on my annual road-trip to Vermont/Maine.. If you are ever out in that area, pick it up!

-Mike

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2001, 02:29 PM

Like Magic hat, too. Good stuff. Little surprises in the flavor. Beer to travel for: Brador (a Molson joint). Now, I don't know what the Canadians think of this stuff, but I love it. We always buy the limit when heading north.

christ
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2001, 02:55 PM

For starters:

Wadsworth 6X
Royal Oak
Fullers ESB
Gales HSB
Marstons Pedigree
Ruddles County

Never from a tin, rarely from a bottle, most always from the barrel, preferably under top pressure only. Always by the pint (20 fluid ounces, not one of your namby-pamby colonial pints).

In England, drive 10 miles from a city in any direction and stop at the local pub, drink whatever they give you when you ask for a 'pint of best'.

Guiness should only be drunk in Ireland, and then only when 'slow-poured'.

If it looks like something that has been drunk before and recycled, or involves rice, avoid it.

Yes, I'm biased.
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

DBursey
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2001, 03:06 PM

Brador is okay. I much prefer Molson Canadian - a lovely pilsner. Another excellent Canadian beer is Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager. Very nice indeed! Honorable mention: Sleeman's Cream Ale; Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, and Moosehead Lager.

Mmmm ... Beer!

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2001, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
<STRONG>"Does whisky count as beer?"

RWoelk and Cheerios, I like your style! If either of you are ever up in the Berkeley/Oakland area when I'm home or the Minneapolis/St. Paul area when I'm at school I'll have to buy you a drink. Well... I'll pay, but someone else will have to buy. (Unless you're up for a Black Russian, 'cause I've always got vodka and kahlua )</STRONG>
Ha, I'm in the Central Valley, but I can't buy either, for another... 1yr and 9 months... Juan can hook us up in like 8 months, though!! His roommate laughs at me thta I like whiskey, says it all tastes like rubbing alcohol... Oh well, he likes Malibu Rum, so who's the odd one now!
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

BuonRotto
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2001, 09:35 PM

I really don't like beer. Bleck!

Having said that, Czech beer of almost any variety is GREAT. Try some Gambrinus, Urquell (easiest to find in the US), even Budvar. I had something like Krudovichie one time which was really good too.

Demonhood
Administrator
Oct 29, 2001, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
Ha, I'm in the Central Valley, but I can't buy either, for another... 1yr and 9 months... Juan can hook us up in like 8 months, though!! His roommate laughs at me thta I like whiskey, says it all tastes like rubbing alcohol... Oh well, he likes Malibu Rum, so who's the odd one now!
Malibu Rum rocks your face.

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2001, 10:07 PM

I'm partial to Eastern European beers myself, particularly Zagorka and Pleven -- both from Bulgaria. Of course, to get the good varieties, you need to actually go TO Bulgaria, as they sell more 'Americanized' versions over here and keep the best stuff at home.

They're good, strong beers, best drunk from the bottle -- the 1/2 litre bottle. Usually you get them fresh from the brewery, so age is never an issue.

G Barnett
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2001, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by cheerios:
<STRONG>

Ha, I'm in the Central Valley, but I can't buy either, for another... 1yr and 9 months... Juan can hook us up in like 8 months, though!! His roommate laughs at me thta I like whiskey, says it all tastes like rubbing alcohol... Oh well, he likes Malibu Rum, so who's the odd one now!</STRONG>
This "rubbing alcohol" of which you speak must be good if it tastes like whisky. I'll have to try it! Malibu isn't all that odd, it's not like he drinks nothing but High Life :o (I guess that looks kind of like a vomity face...).

Let's see what beers do I like? Well, there really isn't that much quality stuff going around campus (which is why I stick to vodka, and nothing cheaper than Smirnoff (the *blech* American kind)), so my experience is rather limited. But so far the second best beer I've had was Limey's. In 32 oz. cups from an ice-cold keg, damn am I glad I joined the rugby team . The best beer I ever had came from a keg that someone foolishly left in an empty room with an open door and no one to watch it while I was walking by. The keg had "Miller Genuine Draft" stamped into the metal, but I suppose it could theoretically have been something else (maybe? I don't really know how these things work.). I guess it just goes to show that there's no beer like free beer.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2001, 03:14 AM

Malibu Rum rocks your face.
EEEWWWWWWW! That stuff reminds me too much of sun tan lotion.

I prefer Bacardi or Absolut straight, but since this is a BEER thread�

Chugging in the hot, humid, rotton a$$ Indiana summers: Bud Ice Light, most other times Heiny, I do drink an occasional Guinness, but if it gets .000001 degree too warm it tastes like pig urine, er?whatever pig urine tastes like�
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2001, 03:26 AM

Pfffftttt Malibu, poor man's Baily's...

As for beer...

(no particular order)

The ole standby (Killians Red)
Bad Ass Ale (Bass Ale)
Breakfast in a Can (Guinness)
Named My dog after (Natty Boh)
specials
Magic Hat Special Brew
Magic Hat Fat Angel

and since I'm drunk...
Favorite Shots

Kamikazi
Tuaca
Buttery Nipple
Lemon Drop

God, can you tell I'm borderline?

Nick

Demonhood
Administrator
Oct 30, 2001, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by godzookie2k:
Pfffftttt Malibu, poor man's Baily's...
Uh, Baileys is an Irish Creme (the back of the bottle says it's a mixture of creme and whiskey). Malibu (and Parrot Bay) are coconut rums. Not even remotely related (in flavor or alcohol type). Or did you really mean Baily's (without an E)? If so, I'm unfamiliar with that brand.

You can make some pretty killer shots with Baileys though. The buttery nipple comes to mind. Since I know it's a shot and not something dirty, I won't have to edit my own post.

As far as beer, I haven't found one to my liking yet. Probably because I don't drink it on a regular basis. No real motivation to get accustomed to beer when you have 50 different types of hard alcohol in your pantry.

{edited cuz it's buttery, not butter}

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: Demonhood ]

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2001, 04:09 AM

Originally posted by Demonhood:
<STRONG>

Uh, Baileys is an Irish Creme (the back of the bottle says it's a mixture of creme and whiskey).

You can make some pretty killer shots with Baileys though. The butter nipple comes to mind. Since I know it's a shot and not something dirty, I won't have to edit my own post.
[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: Demonhood ]</STRONG>
Ahh, Baileys and killer shots... must confess to being very well-versed on this subject

Second-favorite shot with Baileys - the B-52
Pour into a large shot glass in the following order:
1/3 Kahlua
1/3 Baileys
1/3 Grand Marnier or Cointreau (good vodka can be substituted in a pinch)

Do NOT mix, it should be three layers (pour into a spoon so that the flow goes against the inside of the shot glass).

YUM!

BESTEST most Favorite shot with Baileys - the Rattlesnake
1/3 Kahlua
1/3 Creme de Cocoa
1/3 Baileys

(layer in a large shot glass as above)

DOUBLE-YUM!

you can get yourself silly drunk on either of the above.
More importantly, you can get females silly, silly drunk by buying them lots of the above.
Rattlesnake=milkshake

Meanwhile, though, I am drinking the utilitarian, ubiquitous, and cheap Bud Lite tonight. I kinda feel cheap, common, and dirty, like a PC user...

scaught  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2001, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by mikithecrackhead:
<STRONG>quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to try a brew from michigan, kalamazoo. how is it?</STRONG>
ehh. i didnt really like it. too strong of an alcohol taste or something for what i want in a beer. i think thats why the college kids around here drink it so much.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 30, 2001, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by FormerLurker:
<STRONG>Second-favorite shot with Baileys - the B-52
Pour into a large shot glass in the following order:
1/3 Kahlua
1/3 Baileys
1/3 Grand Marnier or Cointreau (good vodka can be substituted in a pinch)

Do NOT mix, it should be three layers (pour into a spoon so that the flow goes against the inside of the shot glass).</STRONG>
oh yes! anybody in the Waikiki area should know a bar called Spinners. i spent a week in that place and it was cool as f*ck! i bumped into a gorgeous girl there one day, ended up drinking these with her for the rest of the day. niiiice

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2001, 09:46 AM

This spring, I will try my hand at making Mead (a huge favorite with me, and, seeing as how we will be keeping bees at the new place, I'm thinking we'll have to do SOMETHING with all that honey). Anyone here brew?

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2001, 11:31 AM

When I lived in Cambridge my crazy lovable roommate used to homebrew, using in part our bathtub. He had the complete set-up. He'd brew a batch and cap it in old bottles with new caps and funny slogans: ("Relax. Have a home brew.")

The stuff was stout, that's for sure. Typically we'd take a bottle of that brew and mix it with supermarket beer. It was fun, like a chemistry experiment.

As for good beer not homebrewed: every now and then I get a hankerin' for that Belgian beer Duvel. Good taste, happy memories.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 30, 2001, 11:49 AM

anyone here from Utah? *click*

roger_ramjet
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2001, 02:47 PM

Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, Harpoon I.P.A., Lone Star

The only time I drink Lone Star is when I visit the local blues bar - Black Eyed Sally's. Doesn't have a whole lot of "body" to it but it's associated with many pleasant memories. Have some Harpoon in the fridge right now. I like Sammy's OctoberFest. That's a good one too. I don't usually go for many of the seasonal stuff they put out but I liked that one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules