Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > The Dark Reef

The Dark Reef
chiltonwebb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2013, 07:50 PM

Hi guys,

I have no idea if this idea will work or not, but I'm trying to do a slightly different take on sci-fi games. This is a story I tried to do as a graphic novel, and as a short film before, and failed miserably at both. But as a game, I think it might work. Please take a look and let me know what you think!

-Chilton

----------------------

The Dark Reef is an underwater action/adventure game. It's also a new take on video games, with weekly updates continuing a fully immersive story.

Deep in the Pacific Ocean, a secret military operation has uncovered something sinister. And the international research station "Dark Reef" is in its path! It’s up to you to protect the station and its inhabitants while they race to unravel the origin and secrets of this mysterious new foe.

Each week, a new episode will be released to subscribers, continuing that month's chapter in the story.

Some episodes will put you in the pilot's seat, piloting powerful underwater assault craft. Some episodes will let you control massive underwater mechs. And some will even put you in a combat diving suit.

You can buy a subscription for $5 a month, which gives you free access to all of the episodes released that month. And you can cancel at any time.

http://www.theDarkReef.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules