Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office Upgrades?

Office Upgrades?
coreymcl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 11:48 PM

When is the free upgrades going to be shipping for Office Pro?

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2004, 11:50 PM

lastest rumor says Office Pro is delayed until september...i believe the last official word from M$ was that office pro was "sometime in the second half of the year."
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

-Q-
Jul 14, 2004, 06:16 AM

Yeah, all the MS web site says now is 'Coming Soon.' I believe I'd last heard Sepetember as well, but who knows?

KP*
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 12:37 AM

My order status for my free upgrade says Est. shipping Sept. 13th. For months it was saying July 19th, but the day it changed to September I went right to the Apple Store and bought a copy of the Standard Edition. I feel really ripped off, but it was worth the money for the added productivitiy for those couple months (or more? who knows?).

I know I shouldn't complain about a "free" upgrade, but the problem was that the promise of that upgrade made me go out and buy a copy of Office X Pro when I already owned the Standard one (the idea being to pay for the upgrade early so I could be using VPC 6 while waiting to get Office 2004 for free).

I don't mind the delay of VPC 7 if it means that it will be much better than previous editions, but I'm really annoyed that they've been letting those who ordered the Standard Office edition enjoy the upgrade for months, while the Pro purchasers sit around empty-handed waiting for the same software that's been available to others since May.

I'm really pleased with the upgrade, but I would have done it much differently if I'd known what the situation was going to be.

erage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2004, 12:30 PM

Office Pro is tied to the release of VPC 7, which Microsoft has reported is waiting on the final release of Windows XP SP2. So don't expect Office pro until at least a few weeks after Windows XP SP2 ships.

Forum Links
Forum Rules