Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Weird Bluetooth issue on MacBook Air

Weird Bluetooth issue on MacBook Air
mindwaves
Jan 24, 2019, 12:02 AM

Using a brand new MBA with wireless KB and mouse and all of a sudden the mouse goes wonky. It will track but won't register a click most times. And when it did, it would sometimes register a right click. The trackpad would track and click but the click would never register. The KB was fine.

I did a quick search and found that the issue was Bluetooth. Maybe something in my mouse that was permanently clicking it, so I changed to another mouse and same issue. Reset SMU and same issue.

I finally disabled BT and the trackpad started clicking again and I deleted the BT mouse prefs and re-added the mouse and it started working again also.

Just a prefs issue, but what dumbfounded me was how the Bluetooth mouse affected the trackpad (non-BT) from working properly also. Maybe this post will get moved...

Forum Links
Forum Rules