Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook Student ADC Purchases

PowerBook Student ADC Purchases
benb
Nov 22, 2002, 02:45 PM

Has anyone who purchased a new PowerBook under the Student Developer program recieved theirs yet? I ordered a 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB HD, Combo on 11/9 which has yet to ship. I call Apple every few days, and the estimated ship date is pushed back 2 or 3 days everytime. Anybody in a similar situation?

Regards,
Ben

dialo
Senior User
Nov 22, 2002, 03:04 PM

I ordered mine (1Ghz,1GB,60GB,Combo) the day it came out and recieved it the following tuesday.

In fact, I've even already blown a FW port (thanks to a shitty cable), sent it to Houston for Apple Care repair and had it returned.

So it shouldn't have anything to do with ADC. What is the status when you look it up online?

sunkist
Banned
Nov 22, 2002, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by dialo:
I ordered mine (1Ghz,1GB,60GB,Combo) the day it came out and recieved it the following tuesday.

In fact, I've even already blown a FW port (thanks to a shitty cable), sent it to Houston for Apple Care repair and had it returned.

So it shouldn't have anything to do with ADC. What is the status when you look it up online?
You ordered the combo, I am awaiting the superdrive version. I ordered through ADC on the 6th and haven't received mine either.

-Chris
( Last edited by sunkist; Nov 22, 2002 at 03:36 PM. )

jambajooz
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2002, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by benb:
Has anyone who purchased a new PowerBook under the Student Developer program recieved theirs yet? I ordered a 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB HD, Combo on 11/9 which has yet to ship. I call Apple every few days, and the estimated ship date is pushed back 2 or 3 days everytime. Anybody in a similar situation?

Regards,
Ben
I ordered my PB Ghz Combo on 11/9 in the afternoon. It shipped from Taiwan on the 14th, Wed, and I got it 15th Thur. morning around 10. I paid the $15 extra for expedite shipping, and yes this was an ADC purchase.

CommonSense
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2002, 10:47 PM

Ordered mine on the 18th (Monday). It went from "Being Reviewed" to "Being Assembled" early yesterday (Thursday). The long, agonizing wait continues.

PurdueRPh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2002, 12:59 AM

It looks like I am in the same boat as everybody else. I ordered my 1GHz SD Powerbook through the Student ADC Program late 11/06/02, so the invoice has 11/07/02 on it. It was under review till 11/11/02. I called Apple up Friday and they just gave me the official " I will get it by 12-06-02".

Joe
Hoosier by birth, Purdue Graduate and Mac lover by the Grace of God.

benb  (op)
Nov 23, 2002, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by jambajooz:

I ordered my PB Ghz Combo on 11/9 in the afternoon. It shipped from Taiwan on the 14th, Wed, and I got it 15th Thur. morning around 10. I paid the $15 extra for expedite shipping, and yes this was an ADC purchase.
Well, this really burns me, becuase I ordered at about 9AM on the 9th. Payed for "Expitided" shipping too. Cleared review the morning of the 11th. What kind of drugs is the Apple store on? Congrats on getting it quick though. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

Regards,
Ben

Rinpoche
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2002, 03:43 AM

Oh man I'm so happy right now I ordered the 1ghz superdrive with double the memory at a local commnity college with student discount! Initially the guy told me I would only have to wait for 2-3 days until he rechecked on his screen and said it would be 3-4 weeks!! Sucks! I want it now!!!!!! lol

The last Mac I owned was the Macintosh Classic! My PC days are growing shorter, I simply could not resist buying the powerbook.

I've been reading as much information about it as I could possibly absorb since the day of purchase and I know apple has been saying 2-4 weeks for the wait, but when can I realistically expect to see my machine? It seems like a lot of people have been surprised to have received their computers earlier than expected, I certainly hope my situation is the same as theirs.

jambajooz
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2002, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by benb:

Well, this really burns me, becuase I ordered at about 9AM on the 9th. Payed for "Expitided" shipping too. Cleared review the morning of the 11th. What kind of drugs is the Apple store on? Congrats on getting it quick though. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

Regards,
Ben
Yeah that is a bit odd, hopefully not production problems. One thing I did though was call everyday and bug the hell out of them. Persistence does pay, but now I'm thinking I should of opted for the SD...oh well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules