Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bluetooth Problem

Bluetooth Problem
satcomtim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2005, 02:18 AM

I just bought the Apple BT Keyboard and Mouse, but am having a problem getting my wife's 12" PB to find them. My 15" finds both just fine, but the 12" just searches and searches.... nothing. I checked system profile and all BT settings and data look good. I also did a PMU reset and still it just searched and searches. BT is on and is set for discoverable. It just searches and searches with nothing found when I try to manually add Keyboard or mouse. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim
Mine:15" PB 1.67 SD, 128 VRAM, 1.5 GB Ram, 100 GB HD ~Tiger~
Wife: 12" PB 1.5 SD, 512 Ram, 80 GB ~Tiger~

MacYourDay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2005, 04:38 AM

Is it possible for a bluetooth keyboard/mouse to be bound to two computers at once? I'm asking as you might have the keyboard/mouse bound to your comp, and therefore the other comp won't be able to bind to them?

satcomtim  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2005, 04:44 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I am not trying to use them on both computers at once. Mines at work and the wife's at home. I bought these for the wife. I tried them first at home on her PB no luck at all, so brought them into work with me to see if the KB and Mouse was bad or not. They work just fine, using them to post this reply.

FYI... She has never had a BT device connected to her PB before. Since the hardware appears good could it be an antenna issue?

Tim
Mine:15" PB 1.67 SD, 128 VRAM, 1.5 GB Ram, 100 GB HD ~Tiger~
Wife: 12" PB 1.5 SD, 512 Ram, 80 GB ~Tiger~

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2005, 01:18 AM

Is all your firmware up to date. Just double check.

It could be a BT hardware issue. I would try and connect to some other BT device, or computer, to see if that works.

Forum Links
Forum Rules