Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Zen Vision, compatible?

Zen Vision, compatible?
JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2005, 05:41 PM

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/0,120...=157415,00.asp

Been looking for a portable video player, and the new Zen Vision from Creative definitely floats my boat...

'Course, for a product designed to "compete with" the iPod, it doesn't support OS X. Anyone have previous experience with Creative PMPs like the original Zen? Will it mount under OS X at all so I can throw media on it?
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 06:57 PM

That's one of the questions i have too. Also haven't been able to find an answer yet. If you're really interested in getting a PMP you might want to look into the ARCHOS AV 700 or possibly the PMA 400 or 500.

I have a quicky review on the various PMPs that are available here. It's just based on the information available online as I haven't gotten a chance to play with any of them yet. If you're willing to spend the money, I think ARCHOS' offerings are amazingly good. I especially like how they have built-in DVR capabilities and how the PMAs are linux-powered and have PIM and internet functionality as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules