Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Ultima V - Lazarus: release date Dec 22nd

Ultima V - Lazarus: release date Dec 22nd
Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2005, 05:21 AM

http://www.u5lazarus.com/

Well well, *finally* there is a release date for this project. It has taken long enough! And finally I may be able to do something worthwhile with my Dungeon Siege CD. It was the worst RPG I have ever played and I am so sorry I wasted money and time on it but perhaps it was worth it all along.

Ultima V was one of my absolute favorite RPGs and my favorite Ultima game. I spent countless hours in front of my Atari ST as a kid trying to beat that game. And now it is coming out in 3D.

I just hope this works on the Mac version of Dungeon Siege, but I don't see why it shouldn't. It is just a data add-on.

cheers

W-Y

“Building Better Worlds”

d0ubled0wn
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 26, 2005, 12:11 PM

It's available for Mac download now but requires a Fileplanet account. Is there a bittorrent of this somewhere like the pc version??

Markovich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2005, 10:49 AM

I too have found memories of playing Ultima 5 and 6 on a PC at the store where I worked. Ultima 5 was my first real experience using a PC. I still have the original box and game disks and that nifty cloth map!

Mark
Mark
DP 1.8 Rev B, 2Gigs Ram,ATI 9600XT,Airport, 20" ACD. Also 13" Macbook 2Gigs Ram. Obsession 15" ,Nexstar 5i and Ultima 8 telescopes.

Markovich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2005, 10:52 AM

Whoops, also just saw on the http://www.u5lazarus.com/ site . There is a Mac version now available via Bittorrent.
Mark
DP 1.8 Rev B, 2Gigs Ram,ATI 9600XT,Airport, 20" ACD. Also 13" Macbook 2Gigs Ram. Obsession 15" ,Nexstar 5i and Ultima 8 telescopes.

d0ubled0wn
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2005, 08:16 AM

Anyone have success playing this? Seems pretty buggy... got stuck in the U5 menu and had to force quit. I was able to start a new game but it started up the Dungeon Siege game instead, then it locked up and I had to force quit again. Hmm.

Forum Links
Forum Rules