Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > And she's back! (Doctor Who Season 9, not Ca$h)

And she's back! (Doctor Who Season 9, not Ca$h) (Page 3)
subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I haven't hated her, or even the companions, but I have had issue with some of the writing not being up to snuff.
I’ve also heard many complaints about the writing, but the show isn’t a stranger to that, and has had plenty of people in the role who shine through despite the absolute garbage they’re given to work with.
( Last edited by subego; Jan 28, 2020 at 04:26 PM. )

Thorzdad
Jan 28, 2020, 06:31 PM

Uneven, or even shamefully bad, writing is kind of a Who tradition, honestly.
When I want your opinion,-
I'll read it in your entrails

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2020, 07:07 AM

Random reminiscing about the original series.

John Nathan Turner ruined it.

That is all. Carry on.

Thorzdad
Jan 29, 2020, 09:51 AM

>SPOILER< An interview with show-runner Chris Chibnall in which he addresses one of the primary fan theories coming out of this episode.
When I want your opinion,-
I'll read it in your entrails

andi*pandi
Feb 5, 2020, 05:40 PM

Catching up:
Orphan 55: Not bad, vacations going wrong is a well-loved trope on Who... but did not need the anvils at the end (really, it was Earth? No way! at least russia not england...) nor the 15 minute speech about how we all could prevent this timeline from occurring. Timeline? Does Who do timelines now? Main issues: a) did not have to be earth; b) spend more time with characters please; c) don't let the daughter off so easily for killing all those people due to mommy issues. My son straight out said "she's a terrorist!"

Tesla's Nightmare: Could have been more fun and clever, but mostly enjoyable especially the edison/tesla bickering. Did not care for scorpion queen, her voice was grating, she was OTT. I think they just wanted a tesla tower to zap a spaceship, which I agree was pretty cool.

It seems bits are cut out, maybe because we are watching on tv not streaming whole.

Forum Links
Forum Rules