Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Salary for Internet/New Media Guy???

Salary for Internet/New Media Guy???
zorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2002, 07:12 PM

I'm just graduating college, with a decent amount of work experience (1.5 yrs full time + 3 additional yrs pt) as a web developer. I'm trying to figure out a fair full time salary to ask for from my current part time employer. Right now I make abotu $25 per hour.

For an example of the kind of work i do see:

http://www.mikezornek.com/gallery/web/careersfornurses/

Salary.com has this to say, but it seems high to me.

Any comments?

Art Director - Web
Determines the look-and-feel of the entire site. Creates original graphics and icons for use on the site. Implements the web design parameters, style guides and visual standards. Establishes and produces graphic material for use in advertising and promotion of online services and products. Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 4 years of experience in the field. Generally manages a group of exempt and nonexempt employees. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to a senior manager.

A typical Art Director - Web working in Philadelphia, PA 19104 is expected to earn a median base salary of $89,297. Half of the people in this job are expected to earn between $79,918 and $99,631 (i.e., between the 25th and 75th percentiles). These numbers are based on national averages adjusted by geographic salary differentials.
(This data is as of December, 2002.)

Creative Director - Web
Advances the overall quality of strategic thinking and design applied technology. Develops creative briefs and design concepts to meet the business objectives of the organization. Requires a bachelor's degree. May be expected to have an advanced degree in business management with at least 5 years of experience in the field. Generally manages a group of exempt and nonexempt employees. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to a senior manager.

A typical Creative Director - Web working in Philadelphia, PA 19104 is expected to earn a median base salary of $110,570. Half of the people in this job are expected to earn between $107,147 and $139,002 (i.e., between the 25th and 75th percentiles). These numbers are based on national averages adjusted by geographic salary differentials.

Producer - Web
Directs the creative direction for a program using independent judgment to choose stories, allocate production resources and adapt to change when necessary. Requires a bachelor's degree. May be expected to have an advanced degree in a related area and at least 3 years of experience in the field. Generally manages exempt and nonexempt employees. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to a senior producer.

A typical Producer - Web working in Philadelphia, PA 19104 is expected to earn a median base salary of $68,960. Half of the people in this job are expected to earn between $63,932 and $80,638 (i.e., between the 25th and 75th percentiles). These numbers are based on national averages adjusted by geographic salary differentials.

Technical Producer II - Web
Acts as a liaison for the creative content team and the IT technical team. Develops the technical specifications for the site. Plans and reviews the navigational user interface design. Plans and reviews site architecture for new web site products and features. Troubleshoots, tests and oversees the launch of new products. Coordinates among cross functional to identify challenges, recommend and implement solutions. May require a bachelor's degree or its equivalent and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field (i.e., HTML, JAVA, Mac, UNIX and Window platforms). Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.

A typical Technical Producer II - Web working in Philadelphia, PA 19104 is expected to earn a median base salary of $67,722. Half of the people in this job are expected to earn between $58,350 and $87,616 (i.e., between the 25th and 75th percentiles). These numbers are based on national averages adjusted by geographic salary differentials.

Web Designer, Sr
Designs and constructs web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques. Maintains and provides ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials and custom chat launcher design for partners. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.

A typical Web Designer, Sr working in Philadelphia, PA 19104 is expected to earn a median base salary of $79,461. Half of the people in this job are expected to earn between $69,220 and $95,917 (i.e., between the 25th and 75th percentiles). These numbers are based on national averages adjusted by geographic salary differentials.

http://swz-hotjobs.salary.com/salary...thodology.html
~ Mike
--
Personal Site: MikeZornek.com
Other Interests: WebDevWiki.com

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Dec 15, 2002, 07:19 PM

I think that was published in 1999. Now you would be lucky to make 1/3 that.

"Hello, what have we here?

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Dec 15, 2002, 07:28 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jun 5, 2004 at 01:58 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules