Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Married Men - Do You Wear Your Ring?

View Poll Results: Do You Wear Your Ring?
Poll Options:
Yes 35 votes (83.33%)
Sometimes. 1 votes (2.38%)
No. 6 votes (14.29%)
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Married Men - Do You Wear Your Ring?
nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2004, 04:03 PM

I wear mine everyday, but i have alot of friends who are married who never wear theirs. maybe because they don't like rings or because they want to feel single do you wear yours? did you wear it when you first got married and now don't? if you dont wear it, why? respond or just answer the poll. any women are encouraged to respond too as i know most women wear their rings alot more then their husbands do.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2004, 05:08 PM

Yes.

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 05:15 PM

I'm not married at 19 and am a little amused by the whole prospect of marriage. I've never been one for closed relationships, and I've made sure to get myself out of situations where I felt controlled or obliged to do things. So, I suppose I'm the wrong person to ask (wtf? I'm the one choosing to respond. Hmm).
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

benb
Mar 10, 2004, 05:16 PM

I am not married, but if I was, I would.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 05:28 PM

I used to wear mine, but I rock climb, and play guitar, and for both activities it gets in the way. I used to wear it, but almost lost it too many times.

As far as girls thinking I'm single, I don't worry too much about that. It seems like these days, the ring doesn't deter women. Not that I'm beating them off with a stick in either case, but still...

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2004, 05:56 PM

It is very rare indeed that I remove mine.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2004, 05:59 PM

always, although if I take up swimming it might have to come off for that (or get resized) because I have a feeling it'd be too loose for that.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 05:59 PM

I wear mine all the time so as not to make the wife any more nuts than she already is. If I do take it off temporarily I put it on a chain around my neck. Wifey-pooh likes to keep her "territory" marked.

macroy
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 06:37 PM

Sometimes - usually during "formal" outings. The wife doesn't really care one way or the other.

The notion "you get more attention from women when you wear a ring" - is true in my experience. But its probably because the women feel more comfortable thinking that you're not trying to mack.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2004, 06:53 PM

I'm thinking of getting a ring to get more ladies...

Nah, anyway yah I'd wear it, I don't mind rings so once I do get married it'll be good

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by cdhostage:
I'm not married at 19 and am a little amused by the whole prospect of marriage. I've never been one for closed relationships, and I've made sure to get myself out of situations where I felt controlled or obliged to do things. So, I suppose I'm the wrong person to ask (wtf? I'm the one choosing to respond. Hmm).
You're afraid of commitment.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

talisker
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 08:05 PM

I've never been one for closed relationships
slapper

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Mar 10, 2004, 08:23 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 21, 2004 at 12:37 PM. )

nredman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2004, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by rambo47:
I wear mine all the time so as not to make the wife any more nuts than she already is. If I do take it off temporarily I put it on a chain around my neck. Wifey-pooh likes to keep her "territory" marked.
so if you didnt put it around your neck she would freak on ya?

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

MacsGalor
Senior User
Mar 10, 2004, 09:09 PM

I never wear mine of course I'm not married. So I guess this is really just +1

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2004, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by rambo47:

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 12:57 AM

I never really wore mine, I was an electrician when I got married, so it just became habit to not wear it. I have no idea where it is, either.

Steve Bosell
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 02:07 AM

I play guitar and i like it, I get some srv slide thing going on with it

f1000
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2004, 04:12 AM

Let's pray that your "obligations" and "situations" are doing the right thing and aborting your descendents. I wouldn't want any of my tax dollars going to support your out-of-wedlock bastards.

memento
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 12:25 PM

I have this wicked cool ring that I designed myself, so you bet I wear it! The only time I take it off is when I play the drums.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2004, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by memento:
I have this wicked cool ring that I designed myself, so you bet I wear it! The only time I take it off is when I play the drums.
Wow, that's cool...any pictures?

memento
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 01:28 PM

no sorry. I had it made to look like a medieval ring (as if I know what that looks like). The jeweler wanted to have everything measured out and laser cut, but I told him no way. He had to do it by hand. It's a series of geometric shapes. diamond like with dots in between. The band is around 3/8" wide. He was amazed at how good it actually looked because he'd never been asked to do something like that before.

You can see some of his work at

http://www.hummingbirddesign.com/CusDesWed.html

Those were his design, though. For comparison, my 14k ring was $800 7 years ago. He was very good. I sketched it out on paper, talked a bit, and he had the wax "prototype" done in a week and it was perfect the first time. Hat's off to that goldsmith.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

Forum Links
Forum Rules