Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Firefox - tab key doesn't move me around the browswer appropriately

Firefox - tab key doesn't move me around the browswer appropriately
jfobart
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2007, 01:18 PM

So I have 3 PPC-based Mac's running at the house- 2 G5's and a 12" PB.

I have Firefox 2.0.1 installed on all of them, even installed from the same binary file download (just copied to each machine from the original download machine).

On my dual 1.8G5 and my Powerbook, everything works just fine. On my dual2.0G5 (my main daily machine), unfortunately, Firefox is somewhat broken. The tab key doesn't move me around the browser window like it should.

Example:
I'm filling out a web form that uses a series of dropdown boxes for selecting the data (such as credit card expiration dates, state selection, etc)... If I hit tab I should be able to move from box to box... but Not so on the dual2.0 machine. For some reason on this one machine alone, if you are in one drop down box and hit tab to move to the next one, you instead get bumped up to the address bar, and if you hit tab again, the browser selects each frame displayed with in the page.... It's very annoying.

Is there a setting or something that I've changed or missed? I can't find anything in the Pref's for either Firefox or Safari that looks different between the machines, yet there is an obvious and frustrating difference.

Thanks for the help!!
A couple MacPro's, a MacBook Pro, a PC, and an iPod.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2007, 03:53 PM

System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Full Keyboard Access.

Compare that on different machines.

jfobart  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2007, 04:10 PM

Nice!! Thanks Bob, that did the trick... I'd never seen that before!
A couple MacPro's, a MacBook Pro, a PC, and an iPod.

Forum Links
Forum Rules